1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(sigh) Not quite sure what to do....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alan1998, Feb 9, 2015.

1. alan1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i think this would go here anyway.... So my parents know i am gay now and they were very accepting of it which amazed me and i feel so free and everything but i feel really lonely...I have one friend his name (well the name we'll use here) is Jake G. Anyway he was my first (i'd hope everyone here can figure that out) and he is the only friend i have that is gay also. I am partially out of the closet my family and a few of my closest friends know i am gay. I want to have friends who are like me and who can relate and i know they are in this little town i live in but a lot of them are still hiding away and none of them feel safe to come out (which i don't blame 'em) Anyway what i am stuck on here is what should i do? Should i just tell everyone and hope i get some sort of friend out of it or should i just keep to myself? And more than anything i'd love to have someone to snuggle with at night on the weekends or something just to feel wanted and to share my love with someone but i can't do that until someone approaches me or i come out to the whole town basically. Sorry i keep braking off into different tracks when i am typing this so my question is Do i come out to everyone or do i play it safe and keep to myself for now?

2. JREChi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Alan, small towns are tricky, has Jake come out yet? If so to whom and what was their reaction? Would this be the same social group you would open up to? Some people would say, the hell what people think just get it out there, but if you are from a small town that may not be the best advice. How old are you btw?

3. alan1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 16. Jake is out but he is also very popular (unlike me) it is a small town called sterling colorado but they call it a city because of it's pop. i have only a few friends and their all girls and one boy who lives 150 miles away other than jake. I was thinking just to put it out there and maybe there is that one boy who has had a crush on me forever but who hasn't wanted to say anything to me or i could be pushed away by everyone. And i'm not the typical gay either i am a very normal looking guy and everything it shocked my friends when i told them. i may need to just tell everyone and let the word spread i can defend myself if needed and i'm a tall kid and big so no one has really ever thought to pick on my either