1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rant

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Feb 10, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok i need to get a few things off my chest. I left my family in Minnesota in September 2013 to move away with my boyfriend. We moved to West Virginia and have not seen our families since.

The summer and year of 2013 was the most eventful year of my life. I had my first boyfriend and that is when things started going out of control. We started dating in December of 2012 and i hid it from my family until they found out about it the summer of 2013. My boyfriend was 45 and I was 22 so I hid it from my family with the fear they would disapprove of the age difference.

Than came June 2013 and me and my boyfriend got drunk and my parents came to my apartment that day and found me and him passed out in my apartment. Sadly the door was unlocked and cause I did not answer their phone calls or text messages they came over. It was the worst possible way for them to find out about my relationship. My parents took me to their house while I was passed out and I woke up hours later in shock that I was in my parents house. The next day my parents gave me a lecture about drinking and said I could've died that night if they had not took me away. They expressed disapproval of my boyfriend who I claimed was a gay friend of mine and said that he does not really care about cause of the way he acted when we were drunk. My family approves of my sexuality but his family does not approve of his homosexuality and that led to more drama.

So a week later we went to gay pride and I lied to my parents about who I was going with because they disapproved of my friend cause he got me drunk. Than after gay pride my boyfriend started living with me cause he wanted to avoid his family which he was living with at the time and so we started living together without my parents knowing about it. My parents eventually found out we were living together that summer and it raised their concerns even more. Than a rumor came around. Me and my boyfriend were at a restaurant and my sister's sister in law happened to be working there and told my parents my boyfriend said while I was in the bathroom that he was taking advantage of me and it was great. When my parents originally told me this rumor they protected her identity from me and it not tell me who started the rumor until a year later. My sister does not approve of my sexuality and we had a huge argument in May of 2013 over me being gay and out of the closet which made no sense cause she accepted people who were gay in the past. My parents knew about my sister's disapproval and despite that they believed the rumor about my boyfriend.

So when I told my boyfriend about the rumor that same day in August 2013 we decided in a few weeks to move out of town not telling anyone until we left. We left in September 2013 after I quit my job and packed everything in a u haul and moved to West Virginia cause it was cheaper there to get a apartment and warmer there so we decided on that. Two days after I left I texted my parents that I quit my job and moved out of my apartment. They texted back and just sent a brief reply. I talked to my mom on the phone days later and she was devastated and my dad acted cool about it though. My younger sister sent me a angry text that weekend we were on the road attacking my decision to leave, the way I left, and my boyfriend and that ended our relationship and she eventually deleted me from face book. My mom sent a series of emails very critical of my relationship and life decisions and I replied back in a defensive way. It took my dad a year until he yelled at me for leaving. He claimed all the stuff they said about my boyfriend was justified cause they did not know him however my dad went over to my place one day and had a hour long conservation with him which he denies and my mom denies.

I know this a long post but I needed to get a third party perspective on all of this. I was keeping secrets, my parents were keeping secrets, and my sister's were keeping secrets. There is a a lot of dishonesty, anger, and confusion and I know I am partly to blame but I felt mistreated by my parents who said they would love me no matter what and just want me to be happy.

2. Vix193

Keeping secrets is hardly healthy for any relationship, romantic or not. That being said, I'm sure you had your reasons for keeping things a secret.

Concerning your ties with your family

To me, they could have been critical of your boyfriend because they felt that the age difference would indeed be a problem; Just like you said. Now it does seem like the do care deeply for you, as they were concerned for your safety when you hadn't answered your phone, and even went to check up on you.

For some reason, it just seems like they don't like him.

Maybe they think that you're blinded by Love, and really want the best for you.

As for your sister...well, that's rather curious.

Maybe she's dealing with some sort of crisis related to her own sexuality? Maybe a crush or spouse was gay all along? I dunno.