1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you "UNLOVE" someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LakanLunti, Feb 11, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of you probably would scream "YOU IDIOT" while doing a "facepalm" while reading this. But please, help

I am currently in love with someone I can only talk to at Skype. We started as wank friends but now we are, i dunno what, but he makes me feel sooo good about life. We enjoyed the same music and movies and he helped me whenever I needed it and we also enjoy our sexy time <wink><wink>. He always say that he likes me and keeps on calling me baby (corny, right?). With that, I thought that he really likes me. So before Christmas, I did the corniest thing for him; I did this scene from Love Actually for him. And I think I will burn in "Hell for Corny People" for doing it. lol. He said that is the best thing that he saw on cam.

I dunno, but why cant I feel that I am special to him? Every time we talk, it would be always me who will be throwing out conversations. He would sometimes share to me how he had sexy times with other Skype friend of his. And it effing hurts. Im just soo tired of it and i want to remove him from my friend list, but I just cant. Idiot, right?

So at one point, I just said to him the 3 words. I Love You. this is what he said
    "its not that I don't think you're amazing and love you in lots of ways. but i cant say i love you back. i just didn't want to give you the impression that i love you like a lifelong partner"
    OUCH

I dunno, maybe I just expected too much from him. I mean after all, we just started as wank friends. Help me "UNLOVE" him so I can delete him from my life. He is a lovely creature, but he has caused enough damage to me (without him knowing).
    HELP

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

those three words are guaranteed to change where a relationship is at, because either the other person will respond in the same way and it will take off to the stars; or he will shoot us down and the love that is in our hearts will die a painful death. I'm sorry that you're going through this now, but it is a part of being human and a part of loving someone. I don't know if it is harder in a F2F relationship, but it's hard. Just be patient with yourself. your heart will eventually heal.

3. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do indeed think you are an idiot (in the kindest way possible) but not for the reason you think. This person is obviously taking advantage of you for his own personal pleasure, and you have failed to see that, by allowing your feelings for him to flourish. From what you describe it clearly shows that he was mostly interested in you for your "sexy" times. By confessing your love to a person like that you have set yourself up for the obvious response you received. In order to move on you must realize that there is nothing to come back to. Look towards the future and try finding someone new (this time being a bit more careful).

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WOW. You made me stop whatever I am doing and reflect to this for 2 minutes. And you left me speechless. I think the only thing I can say is ENLIGHTENED. It took me almost an hour writing this because I cant think of something to say. Thank you.

I just decided to delete him in Skype. To be honest, I m very anxious right now but i guess that is for the best. I atleast have you guys now. EC will be my home now. Atleast here, real people and real friends exists.

5. Emmanuella

How to "un love" him. Meet new people... keep busy with friends... stay off Skype for a while and try as hard as you can to not think about him.

6. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely stay off skype. I deleted mine to make sure I stayed off of it. It's really hard when you have feelings for someone because you keep wanting to try to get them to feel the same way, but you can't and it's just keeping you from finding the one who will.