1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parental issues.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unreadable, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Unreadable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Over the past month, my Mum has not stopped Bitching at me all she does is Bitch Bitch Bitch 'Why didn't you do this' 'Why are you not getting amazing grades' 'Stop talking to me like that'.

She started to compare me to my 'Dad' saying 'I am him, I take after him, I'm going to abuse women, women i date will Leave me straight away'

Then I just snapped, I Yelled the loudest I could! 'HOW DARE YOU COMPARE ME TO HIM, I AM NOTHING LIKE THAT LOWLIFE BASTARD, IF YOU DARE COMPARE ME TO HIM AGAIN YOU'D BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE ME EVER AGAIN'

Then she shut up.

Is there any advice? As this is also effecting my school life as My attitude has gotten worse! and I'm not able to control it I never have.

2. wasgij

Wow. Tough times! I'm sure you're doing the best you can. Everyone's situation is different. Your mum and dad probably have a lot of history that you don't know about, or even if they 'told' you, just hearing the story is not the same as actually being there.

I think what your mum said was wrong. Did you abuse anyone? I guess not. Words like that from a parent can be like stabs in the heart, but they're only human. Don't give up.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When my mom use to compare me to my dad I got extremely upset as well. I don't want o be anything like him when I grow up.

I guess for me, time past and I just stopped getting so annoyed. I realized at one point that there was no point in arguing, and I literally had better things to do. So what I'm trying to say is as you grow up you'll care less about all the negativity.

4. Clay

It will be hard, but don't hold onto the negativity she expresses or at least let it affect your life outside of home. When there's constant negativity it can cause you to be negative around people, but try to be positive instead.

If you're lucky she'll apologise, but don't expect one. Chances are she wont compare you to him again though.