1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OddPink1, Feb 13, 2015.

1. OddPink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So its been a week, Dad's home and we had a big family discussion about it.
    Basically my parents feel betrayed, they felt lied too and are still going to refer to me by male pronouns. But they haven't disowned me, they going to help me through it and they agree that they themselves will come to terms with it. Its a long road ahead.
    They've stated that I'lll be going to the doctor's on monday, but haven't planned further than that. They're hoping if a psyciatrist or counsellor more suited to deal with this situation will be suggested and I can't blame them and I completely agree with them. They have admited that they are not capable of dealing with this on their own. So the next few weeks, months, years are definitely going to be.... Different...
    They are open to the idea however, but they know they may be strange around me sometimes though so they're planning on dropping me at my Nan's house or cousin's ect if things get to much or they just want to be alone which I'm fine with.
    I do have plans of what I want to do, and how I want to go about it, but I thinks its best if I don't tell Mum and Dad what they are just yet.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say well done. (*hug*)

You could tell them that you will be like your female twin. You will stay the same, your gender is only part of you. Your humour etc will stay the same..

You might think about showing this:
    http://www.acceptingdad.com/
    -> To the Unicorn’s Dad

and this:
    PFLAG Transgender

Just keep on keeping on... remain steadfast... :slight_smile: (*hug*)

many hugs

#2 jay777, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. OddPink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey thanks :slight_smile:
    I think I'll definitely tell him about these, though I'll wait a bit first. I could totally see that letter getting through to my Dad, if it will or nit is another thing, but he'll at least be more understanding after he reads it.... Hopefully.

4. OddPink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So my parents invited my Nan over yesterday, and told her about my situation.
    She was a bit hesitant at first, asking why I felt this way, and what causes it, And I gave the usual transgender: "My body feels wrong" answer, which she didn't believe, thinking there was more going on, like the fact I wasn't developing like other guys, or the fact that a girl I used to like had one of those joke relationship status' with other girls thinking that it was actually serious, that kinda thing.
    I am slightly annoyed that my parents told her without asking me, or telling me about it first. Although my Nan was the first person on my 'list' that I wanted to tell, I would've liked some warning before hand. So hopefully I can convince them the next few family members I actually want to tell, and not have a whole get together, telling everyone at once. I couldn't handle that.
    My Doctors appointment is tomorrow, although I want this, I'm nervous, even though there's nothing to be nervous about.

5. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    how did it go???????????

6. OddPink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It went well ^_^
    He recommended the wrong psychiatrist however, so we got a new one.
    The psychiatrist was nice and helped my parents understand the situation.
    They're much more accepting now, though they don't refer to me as female, they do use gender neutral pronouns which is a step in the right direction.
    We're seeing her again on Monday :grin:

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well done :slight_smile: (!)(!)

8. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    that's great!!! I'm so happy for you *hug* (I know it sounds sarcastic, but it isn't)

9. OddPink1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It doesn't sound sarcastic at all :slight_smile: (*hug*)
    Thank you though :grin: hopefully I can begin transitioning soon, though I don't think I'll be getting into hormones just yet, something my psychiatrist said about thinking about the now and not the future, like having children that sort of thing.
    Can't wait for the future (&&&)(*hug*)