1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I proceed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends and I have been getting really close lately. We used to be best friends but then we drifted apart and we are becoming friends again. Lately I've noticed little things that make it seem like he likes me. He came to help me with my project one Saturday morning at like 8 when he probably would've much rather slept in until like 10 or 11. I was talking to him and his pupils were dilated and I think that's a thing where when you look at the person you like your pupils dilate. Also, last night at a basketball game, he walked in and his best friend was there and his friend was like "why're you here you never go to basketball games." Then, I walked over to say hi to him and our other friends and his best friend said "oh now I know why."

I think there's a good chance that he likes me mainly problem now is I have no clue how to confirm it without possibly making him feel awkward or uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

2. robclem21

I should obviously start of by asking if he is gay? If you know he is, then why not just ask him out? If not, you have a little bit more of an issue.

We tend to look for signs when we are around somebody we like. Signs that may otherwise be non-existent from an outsider perspective. For example, I think the whole pupil dilation thing is a stretch, and there is nothing else you have suggested that makes it seem like he's into you (at least from this post alone). That being said, it doesn't mean he isn't, but I think talking to him more and maybe providing a little more information may help. At this point he could just have about any feelings on the planet.

If you used to be best friends, I assume he knows you're gay? Maybe that would be a good starting point in finding out more about whether he is interested or not.

3. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    i agree with the above.

also, why did you drift apart? what happened to bring you closer together again?