1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on where to go.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IndigoChild, Feb 13, 2015.

1. IndigoChild

Okay so I'm going to try to make this really short without ranting and stuff..

I like this guy and we always like playfully fight and you know flirt or whatever.. (It's kinda of like when a little boy likes a girl and he hits her sort of way, but I don't really know if it's flirting) So over Christmas break I decided to call him and tell him how I felt because it got out that I liked him and I wanted to know did he feel the same way about me considering he was still acting the same. My friend snap chatted him, but in like the text form, and ask for his number again so that I could call him. She didn't say I wanted it though. I called my other friend and told her the plan and she decided she would call off her house phone so if it got weird he wouldn't have my number. We called him on three way and it ended horribly. I didn't say anything and he kept say things like "Hello?!" and "Nah, forreal who is this". At first it was in a playful manner but I could tell he was getting frustrated. Finally I called him on my own. The first time I hung and the second time I finally talked to him..
    The conversation was liked this..

Me: "Hello, yea I don't want you think I'm stalking you or anything but I wanted to talk to you about the rumors about you liking me."

He was like yea and stuff.. :dry:

Me: "Did you know I liked you."

Him: "Yes."

Me: "Well why didn't you say anything."

Him: "Because it was gonna be awkward and I don't roll that way so that's why I didn't say anything."

Of course I felt like my world crashed down..

Me: "Okay, if they bring it up just ignore them."

Him: "Alright."

Okay, so that was back in December and everything has kind of been the same but better. We talk more and I feel were getting closer. The only problem is I don't wanna confuse his feelings for flirting. My friends said he probably said he didn't roll that way because I did call him numerous times and didn't say anything, so he probably felt like it was a setup. I don't want to bring up the situation again because if he doesn't feel the same way he might get annoyed with me constantly bringing it up. I know you guys may think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't, but I think I know when someone's flirting with me at this age.. I'm not being biased because of my feeling for him either. He's on the basketball team so he probably doesn't want them to treat him different. In my logic he may feel that it may get out if he tries something with me considering me having a crush on him got out. I hoped I've been very detailed and repsond back! Have a good day. :slight_smile:

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    well it was detailed but it's so hard to comment on stuff like this without knowing EVERYTHING or physically being there D: phew, i'll try.

if he says he "doesn't roll that way" then try assume he means that. there are all kinds of guys and girls out there who interact with people in all sorts of ways; my point being, he may just be a friendly guy who is more touchy/affectionate/w.e. than others, and he may not see his interactions as flirting with you. i know in myself, i like to be quite friendly with people if they are with me - but ONLY if it's not seen as flirting. for this reason it's harder for me to be friendly towards guys without them seeing it as an invitation to more, or thinking i'm interested in them or something.

however you're right, and it may be a possibility that he doesn't want anyone to know he's into guys. i guess all you can do is create an open, welcoming space in which he feels comfortable coming out to you. perhaps by bringing up your own sexuality more? even talking about your feelings for him, but in a casual way? if it's old/public news that you like him, then maybe bringing it up won't be as awkward? i guess if it were me in that situation, then maybe i'd clarify that i DO like him, but i don't expect anything from our *friendship*. i just want him to know how i feel and i don't want to misinterpret anything between us. something better than that but yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: