1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it my paranoia or should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BigBadBasher, Feb 13, 2015.

1. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

Ok so I already posted my questioning feeling for my boyfriend in a previous post, and decided to keep going with my relationship. Now I don't know what to do next.

My problem is that I get really paranoid about things, especially about my long distance relationship. One second I would talk with him, the next my mind ends up making weird and scary scenarios about us. In any relationship I'm in (and this is my first one), I always fear that my partner would begin being abusive at some point. In his case, most of my fears are being put together, and not in good places.

I read an article online about domestic abuse relationships, and found that most relationships are caused economically, that money causes the destruction of couples. Another reason Finance causes violenence in a relationship is stress. I am currently in my final semester of high school, unemployed, while he is currently working two jobs, hardly any time to rest between either one with exceptional days off, and under A LOT of stress. To make matters worse, he has told me that he has taken boxing classes and plays fighting or shooting games as a way to relieve stress and his violent urges. Heck, he even told me he graduated early because he was being bullied, and that it was so bad (and I don't think I have the heart to say it, and I don't think it's a good idea to say it, but lets just say he would have caused "death" defying actions from "shooting" games at his school.)

I honestly want this relationship to work, really I do. But I just can't get past these red flags. I really want to be with him, but I value my life too much to risk getting hurt, physically and emotionally. And if I do have no other choice but to end it, I think it's a bad idea ending it on Valentines day, which is tommorrow, or on his birthday, which is 2 days after Valentines day. He's had a nasty heartbreak from his crush that day years ago that he began hating it. Should I find a way to get past these red flags, or should I just let him go for our safety. Or am I just being paranoid about the whole thing?:help:

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    can you link me to your last post, or perhaps a summary of your relationship so far?

3. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

Well he is currently in a city 10 hours away. I tend to have extreme insecurity and overthink things too much and it gets out of hand sometimes. This was because I had to spend 7th and 9th grade in some school in Mexico and every time I made a new friend, they always betrayed me in some way and it happened too many times. Not even my own mother and stepdad bothered to do anything, and the teachers and staff saw little of the situation. After that I gained a fear of being hurt by someone close in my life, and him being my boyfriend makes me really gets me worried if he'll betray me like those other people. I told him this, and he said that I'm overthinking things and that he has been in relationships before (which doesn't bother me) and that the most he has done was yell at his partner when he got angry. Heck I ended up making this post solely because of the paranoia.... I kinda regret having questioned my relationship

4. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    oh man, i'm sorry to hear that. sometimes voicing the things that bother you make it easier to see how irrational they are - not that i'm saying your worries are unimportant or crazy or anything. i just mean, they aren't swirling in your head anymore and perhaps you can work through your paranoia if that's what it is.

i hope he is a good boyfriend, and that there is nothing for you to be worried about. :slight_smile: the long distance must make things pretty difficult