1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling the Crushing sensation of the Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Incredibull, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

Currently I am feeling solemn, not depressed, nor do I feel excited. As we all know tomorrow is Valentines Day. I have a crush I have been thinking about for the past semester and finally worked up the courage to begin communicating with this guy. He came off friendly, hard working, and funny. Attributes that I admire in a person. A little back story is needed in the sense that I am closeted and never chased after anyone who I had feelings for. Usually I have feelings for no one, I am bisexual with asexual tendencies but when I find that someone I am attracted to I can't control myself. I am usually calm and collected, expressive, and in control. But with a person like this I act like a fool. Anyways, after a week and a half of online messaging I asked this person if he wanted to hangout on V-Day. He said yes but I feel some hesitation in it. I am not sure if he was just being nice via messaging and polite or if he the attraction is mutual. Being that I am not necessarily open, I am not sure how to act. I have dated women before but never a man, it was easier with women cause I could contain myself more but not with the guys I am attracted too. BTW he is openly gay. Any advice on how I should conduct myself? Or anyone who can relate to such a situation/Crush?

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2015 at 12:45 AM ----------

BTW I am also a college student with a pretty tough major and this problem is very distracting.

2. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if he said yes, then I would take it as a yes. If you're really concerned about it, you can just ask him if he's sure.

This may sound old and cliché, but just be yourself. If you're unsure about how he feels, just take it easy until you are able to analyze him some more. Be calm, collected, expressive, and in control. Of course, it's okay to goof off a little. :slight_smile:

If he doesn't know about your orientation, you could drop subtle but noticeable hints. And flirt with him a little. He'll probably feel the vibe, or just flat out ask you.

But be prepared in the case that he doesn't feel the same or just wants to be friends.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

3. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, that does help!

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he said yes, that's a good sign. Just try to relax, be yourself and have a good time and see how things go. If you overthink it, you will be too tense.

5. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, today plans fell through and we did not meet up at all today. But, I left with my head straight and clear thoughts. The fact that I made the effort to come-out today released that anxiety and now I feel refocused and indifferent as to if he likes me back. Feeling good, so thank you for the advice.