1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are they suspecting me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ammi, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Ammi

Ammi Guest

So, my parentes are acting kind weird this day...I entered college, and some things happened these days:

-I told my mom I would be doing study about: "Gender identy" in a class, and she asked me: Is it about gays? - desperate voice. I replied it was not. 'Cause it's about man x woman.
    -My mom yesterday talked about the "cute boys" on a table next to ours. And the lucky girl next to them.
    -Today I was talking about the quantity of guys in my college... and my dad said: "Dont be picky, or you will end up alone!" and then he said something like: "Or you will turn a dyke - yeah, unfortunately that's the word he normally uses - and he was kind laughing, then my mom said: "Stop" to him ._.', and they said I wouldn't give them grandchildren...

What are they thinking? Why they always laugh about gay things conecting it to me?
    I don't know...
    Worst is... sometimes they are homophobic - just a little - my dad once said he would be disappointed if I was gay. I don't understand! They joke and then says things like that!

I don't know if you understand, I am not a english speaker, but I hope I got my point across. Please let me know what do you think is happening ^^

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Ammi

Ammi Guest

I really don't understand them :frowning2:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hug? (*hug*)

Sounds like they might suspect something. And... they don't sound very accepting... :frowning2:

My parents certainly suspected me before I was out to them, and I tried very hard to hide it. Sometimes parents just know these things...

4. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey! :slight_smile: my parents are actually quite similar, it's getting to a point where it's hard to lie so i should really come out soon...anyways, from my take of it and my experience, they're gauging your reactions and it's a pretty good way to gauge their feelings also. I was just wondering, they say things like your dad would be disappointed if you are gay and then they joke about it? what do you mean by that exactly?

5. Ammi

Ammi Guest

Thank you Yuri, and thanks for the hugs :slight_smile:
    Mkchoco... it is like that:
    -Last year I was at McDonalds with my dad and he saw a "possible" lesbian girl and said (serious): I would be disappointed if you were gay.
    Then, in random times... like when gay marriage was allowed here my dad said: "Now, you can marry a girl!" - laughing. And this was also last year... he didn't change his mind.
    Or when I was studying sociology -and LGBTs - my dad asked me "what I was..."? And then I started blushing, said I wasn't gay, and walked out and he and my mom started laughing...
    It's truly strange...
    When my dad watches something and it happens to have lesbians in it, he is like: Gross... "dykes"...
    My mom is another story... she said that lesbians are "disgusting"... she thinks they just want to have sex (-they apparently can't feel love-) and one day -when I was complaining about some boy - asked me desperately if I was gay O-O. But, I don't know, she sometimes act like she feels pitty (? is that word?) about people being gay..
    Well... its a long story... sorry, I just needed to say it... its kinda confusing. They sometimes act homophobic, but my dad don't think people choose to be gay - although he is always joking about it and one day said he would feel disappointed if I was gay..so, it's really strange.