1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected Valentine's Cheer

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aro, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Aro

Aro

Just a little something that happened to me today that I had to share. Because it's the first time since I came out that someone has openly acknowledged my fluidity. My parents were out today getting this and that and then my mom came to me with some chocolate.

Now, if anyone knows about Kinder Surprise, they are chocolate eggs with little toys inside of them. They used to sell them in the USA, I believe, but they were banned as a choking hazard, from what I am to understand. They are still readily available in Canada, however. If you've heard of them or have them, you'll also know that they are very needlessly gendered.

So anyways, my mom comes to me and hands me a 6-pack of Kinder Surprise and says:
    "I know it's not much. But I got you the boy version because I know that you feel more male."

It's such a silly thing to almost cry over. But that was a huge step. She went from knowing nothing about it when I told her to supporting me like this and it made me so happy. It meant a lot. Even if it's just a little trivial piece of kiddy chocolate. It's the thought and the conscious effort to do that for me that matters.

I've been going through a very hard time in my life. Depression, PTSD, anxiety disorder. All rampant. I recently self-harmed and have contemplated suicide more than I would have liked to admit. But it's these little things that keep me going. Such thoughtful little gestures, even though they are small, uplifts me.

I am just so happy about it and I thought maybe the little story might pick you up too if you need it. c:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Aro

Aro

Thank you! It really is. It meant a lot to me and it still brings a smile to my face even though it's been a few days. I haven't even opened them yet, haha.

I appreciate the concern. I've been through 18 years of depression and it just hit again this year after being free from it for a while. I am going through a lot and it's a very busy, stressful time at the moment. But I am going to be going to see someone as soon as next month or just after. Until then, I am hanging on and trying to help myself in the little ways that I can. c: I am not in any immediate crisis at the moment, so I don't feel the need to call; but I will keep this for reference. Thank you again. <3

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) :slight_smile:

#4 jay777, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  5. Aro

Aro

(*hug*) I am sure that I will be fine. I've come out of it once and I am sure that I can come out of it again. At least on my good days, I believe this. XP At least I am feeling in a very supportive mood today! Haha.

6. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so beautiful, I'm so happy for you, Aro! And I remember Kinder Surprises, wow it's a been a while.

7. Aro

Aro

Thanks! I appreciate it. <3 Yeah, I still love Kinder Surprise since I am a huge nerd, ahaha. But yeah, I'll bet it has! I think it's really too bad that the USA stopped allowing them in stores. They are cute!