1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't want Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want the legal benefits and recognition of the union that marriage givs you but I don't want an actual wedding ceremony. I just wanna say We love eacother want some kind of legal union for stabiltity, give us document and done. Heck I believe to straight people of the same sex should be able to do it if they are comfortable being single and prefer to form a union with their best friend they should be able to. Plus to me same sex marriage and gay marriage aren't the same. A lesbian marrying a gay man who she is best friends is fien to me. Platonic marriages happen all the time.

2. pelops

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is essentially what I and my "different gendered lover" did. Not that it was platonic, but that we skipped the ceremony and just did the paperwork. We did dress cute and go out for Mac and cheese afterwards, though. :slight_smile:

3. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, in the US, you can just go to wherever your local government is housed(usually a courthouse) and get the clerks there to issue you a marriage license. You don't have to have a ceremony.

4. Sek

Sek

If you don't want gay marriage, just don't do it yourself!! Please don't have the mentality of limiting others based on what you would prefer for yourself. If each party is consenting in good health and in good faith then you should see no problem with it unless it has some kind of direct unfair impact on yourself, which it doesn't.

5. GreyIce1

Weddings are so expensive these days...I don't blame you x

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Skip the wedding and use the money for a honeymoon.

7. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good Idea. Just get the document then use the money to enjoy our time together rather than some religious ritual.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, marriage equality is important because it is a matter of justice. if you personally don't want a marriage ceremony you have a couple of options. you can do contracts and other paperwork to try to achieve the legal benefits without being "married." But you will always come across things that just don't work right because you are not in fact married. Or as someone else suggested, you can just go to the courthouse and sign the docs without a marriage, which is probably the best option. I do hope that you are not against marriage equality for anyone who wishes to get married, though.