1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I make a mistake?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MrWheelz, Feb 14, 2015.

1. MrWheelz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So this past Thursday was my 32nd birthday. All I wanted to do was spend a couple days with my best friend/crush who happens to be straight (or so he says). I came out to him a few years back and more recently I basically told him that I have a crush on him. He took it rather well. He and I started talking more than we ever did before. We don't see each other very often because we live 150 miles apart. I had to move away to live with my parents because of illness. Anyway, we spent two days together eating, drinking alcohol, and smoking a certain illegal plant. There were a few times when I felt as though I was "groping" him when I was in a daze. He never really reacted or seemed uncomfortable with it. He's into the bar scene so I think maybe he might be used to this sort of thing. Am I over analyzing? Should I be concerned that I did make him uncomfortable?

2. onedirection

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is he still talking to you as much as he used to, like have you noticed any changes in your relationship? If you made him uncomfortable there's a chance he may try to shy away from you, but if you haven't noticed anything then you're probably safe. There's also no harm in asking him either? I feel this way a lot after hanging around my straight girl friend, I get anxious that one of my good intended gestures seemed like I was coming onto them. I usually just send a quick text like "hey, sorry if me doing this made you uncomfortable, now that i think about it it may have been weird?" and I'm always met with a text from her telling me to stop worrying.

So, long story short, I'm sure you're totally fine, but you may feel better if you just ask. :slight_smile: