1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with a homophobic 'friend'?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlinedreamer, Feb 15, 2015.

1. onlinedreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My friend is always making these awful comments about gay people. So yesterday I got really irritated by this particular comment she made and I ask her why she hates gay people so much. She told me she's scared that if she has a lesbian friend that they might have secret crushes on her and that it would be really awkward and that it's not normal to like someone of the same gender( keep in mind that this is the nicest reaction I had yet on this subject)

So now I don't know how to go about this considering I'm basically her worst fear come true. I really don't want to stay friends with her but I'm afraid to make her angry, because she's quite the bully and not just verbally. I have marks all over my body from when she gets angry. And I'm scared that she would suspect I'm gay if I tell her I don't want to be around her and she won't hesitate to tell anyone she can find.

Any advice?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you could just make less contact with her...

3. ANewDawn

If you already have marks all over your body from this girl without her even knowing you're gay you need to stop calling her your friend and do wtvr you can to spend as little time with or near her as possible. Get an adult to help you if you need.