1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by garabaldi22, Feb 15, 2015.

1. garabaldi22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I've had a crush on my roommate for sometime now, but it's got to a point where I see myself doing everything for him. I've told him that I liked him, last year, he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship and we kept it like that. We are very good friends now, but there is something within me that hopes that it will all change. I tell myself he doesn't like me like that, but there's a part of that that hopes for it.

Another thing to add is that I get really jealous when he gets a text from someone or I see him talking to someone. My mind always goes to that place where, "he's talking to another guy. Is he seeing anyone? Why doesn't he like me?"

I start feeling really bad and I then start getting this really bad feeling in my chest. I just get upset. I actually found out he's been flirting with an old classmate, so that made it clear that he doesn't like me like that. But why can't I move on????

We're still roommates and we only have 4 months left with each other, but he told me today that we should move in together after graduation. There goes that ray of hope again and me trying to find out if he likes me again. But I know he doesn't like me, I just can't seem to move on.

The bad thing is that I do everything for him, because I like to make him happy. Anything really, like making food or taking him places with my car. I know it's bad, but I try to get closer to him that way.

Anyway, I did come out late last year to him actually because I wanted a relationship with him. I told him everything and he was accepting. By then I had a type of guy I liked and it was a coincidence that he was that type of guy. I just can't see myself with anyone else right now, other than him.

So what do I do? I can't move out of my dorm, especially with school already started and we're onto the second month. I want to at least be very good friends with him. I know I want that, but I feel like it will never get there if I still have these strong feelings for him. So if anyone is willing to give me their advice I would appreciate it. Thank you.

#1 garabaldi22, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015