1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is so hard to read.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SaudadeCoimbra, Feb 16, 2015.

1. SaudadeCoimbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have a friend, Nick, who is the only person that knows I'm gay. We are very close in that we can share our secrets with one another. However he always seems like hanging out with me or things like that are chores. He never texts me, I always have to initiate to get any response. He doesn't really try to sit by me at lunch, but he wanders I suppose so that may be it. He has never hung out with only me away from out group of friends in the last 2 years. When I text him often times he reads but doesn't reply. I just don't know what to think. Lately I've been trying to do something about it but I don't want to come off as too pushy. We're obviously close and we can talk about our problems ect. So I just can't understand why he just doesn't want to hang out, talk or text. The only reason I can think of is that he's a loner, which he is, but still I just need a second opinion on this.

2. robclem21

Seems like its just his personality and nothing to do with you at all. Have you noticed he is this way around other friends as well or is he just like this with you? I don't think asking him to hangout with you is pushy. Maybe find an activity for only 2 people and ask him to go with you? Do you like this guy or is he just a friend? If you are just trying to become better friends then I don't think you will come off as too pushy, but if you have a crush on him then be careful because that could quickly make you more needy than a regular friend.

3. SaudadeCoimbra

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's just a friend not a romantic interest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think he is like that around other people but to be honest I don't know