1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I give up on him or keep trying?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Feb 16, 2015.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have a friend that I really like.

We're both gay, and we have a fwb relationship as well.

I have a bit of a crush on him. It;s just that he has such an amazing personality.

Anyway, I told him a few weeks ago that I have feelings for him, and he said that he didn't feel the same way,

We talked about it, and we agreed that we both want different things in life, and that we wouldn't make each other happy.

I think that he can make me happy, but I don't think that I can ever give him the happiness that he deserves.

I really like him and will do anything for him. So long story short, my question is this:

Should I keep trying or should I just move on?

I'm stuck between my persistence of fighting for things I want, and my desire to just let him be happy.

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    why can't you give him the happiness that he deserves? maybe that's something you should try to do, if you like him enough?

if he's not interested, or ever going to be then it kind of seems pointless to keep pursuing things? if you really like him then letting him have his happiness has to be important. would you want to be with him, knowing that he may not be happy with things as they are?

the more you try for things that aren't going to happen, the more you could hurt yourself and your friendship with him, i feel.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this

4. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice. I think that I'm just going to get over him.