1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty fly for a bi guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redghost, Feb 17, 2015.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (I'm so horrible at titles)

Hi EmptyClosets! I'm in new territory, never thought I'd be posting something like this so soon. On Valentine's Day, I met someone. Very attractive, charismatic, fun, witty, a lot like me actually except I filter myself more (I never thought I'd be attracted to someone with whom I share personality traits). Not to mention, we flirted heavily with each other.

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2015 at 08:54 PM ----------

We were amongst friends, so nothing too raunchy, but throughout the time I spent with him, he confirmed he likes girls and guys (he's just realized this), mentioned some of his sexual preferences, gave me a back rub, and when we sat together (whole couch to ourselves), he sat close enough for us to touch and we had our own little quiet dialogue going on back and forth that our friends didn't pick up on. Our friends who were there both agree that the guy is into me, really into me. That's a first for me.

We're FB friends and we've talked a couple of times since V Day, but I've been advised to take things slow and try to build a friendship with him first. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS. I can't stop thinking about him, and I've tried distracting myself with studies and my art stuff. None of it is working. I might see him Monday in person again, but otherwise, the future isn't promised and I've learned that I am not a very patient person. What should I do?

(didn't mean to double-post; couldn't edit the first post for some reason)

#1 redghost, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Friendly Lion

It's usually really important to take things slowly in a relationship, but if you're both interested in each other and ready to start a relationship, I don't see much of a reason to wait. In my opinion (and maybe I'm a little impulsive by nature) why do tomorrow what you could do today? If you think this guy will make you happy and that dating him now instead of later won't harm your potential relationship, I say go for it. Unless there's some other reason it might be a bad idea that you haven't mentioned, I think it can't hurt to see where this goes now.

I hope this was helpful and not terrible advice! (Btw I love the title of this)

3. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got some inside information. Peter Pan has expressed to our mutual friend that he's interested in something physical, but I don't think it's romantic. He may be open to sex with guys, but I think he's got some internalized homophobia he's dealing with, because holding another guy's hand, being emotionally vulnerable, that's a different level. He hasn't messaged me, either, unless I initiate the conversation, so I'm just not talking to him unless he does first. I'm still seeing him soon, hopefully this will be something real. I've felt disappointment too much in this area.