1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrongly accused by boyfriend - what to do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by B733, Feb 19, 2015.

1. B733

I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend. We have been dating 8 months. We both saw a future. We recently travelled overseas for about a month and did so successfully. That is, our relationship has been tested under stress.

But now it's under immense stress.

This is a long distance relationship. We visit each other once a month and we're only accessible by a one hour plane ride.

My boyfriend uses a gay chat app to connect with the gay community because we are both closeted. We are both exclusive and I trust him.

Lately, my boyfriend found that he was being impersonated on the app. Apparently someone has been distributing a picture of him asking people if they know him. They have also, apparently, been found to be 11 metres away from where my boyfriend lives. So that person knows the whereabouts of where he lives. Also, this person has been flicking between 11 metres and 750 kilometres, which is equidistant to where I live.

The issue is that my boyfriend pointed his finger at me. He accused me of something which I would not do. I feel hurt, angry, and disappointed.

That night, I had a mild asthma attack/panic attack. My father was rushed to hospital due to his deteriorating terminal illness. I was meant to drive to hospital to be with him, but instead, I was seeking help for my breathing difficulties. I called my boyfriend for his support. Whilst driving, I was told that I should come clean, tell the truth, not play games. He said that he did not believe my father was in hospital. He told me to go home because my father wasn't ill.

I drove erratically to the hospital, crying, and gasping for air. My father was dying, and my boyfriend had just accused me of a wrong.

I did not commit the said act. But he remains adamant it was me. I tried comforting him and telling him it wasn't me. He panicked and called the relationship off. I was hurt. He then took me back in a few minutes. Now, we are in a state of minimal contact where he wants space to think things through.

I don't know what to do. I didn't impersonate him; he doesn't believe me.

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I would seriously let this guy go. He sounds like a jerk and does not deserve you. If he truly loved and cared for you he wouldn't be accusing you of anything.

3. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While reading this. I really wanted to bitch slap your said boyfriend. Like really, you were having a problem with breathing and your dad was ill. Basically you had everything at stake and all he cared about was himself. I mean I understand that he doesn't want to be out but that doesn't me he needs to be jerk about it. Relationships are about trust. If my bf doesn't believe me if I tell him something. He is well to believe someone else if they told him I was cheating on him which wouldn't be true.
    8 months is quite a while. Though your bf claims to need space but he needs to realize he is hurting you. You should call him up or if you have the resources, go out to his place and have a long conversations about 'trust'. If he is adamant about you being the impersonator. You should probably think of asking him to break up with you. I know it will hurt a lot but you will find someone who deserves you :slight_smile: