1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Demented friend-girl coming after my soul!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by scoobysnack, Feb 19, 2015.

1. scoobysnack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello to all! Hopefully if you're reading this I've gotten some of your attention and I thank you ahead for your time! I will start by telling you a little about myself and how this relationship has evolved. I am an 18 year old gay man and a senior in high school. My girl friend is also my age. We both met about a year and a half ago at a party and we were immediately drawn to each other (now I know for different reasons.) I wasn't physically attracted to her, of course, but rather drawn in by her energy. Different vibes, different vibes. At the time I wasn't totally sure I was gay but I guess I always knew...

We both got close. I liked her for her personality, I was a great friend, however she liked me romantically. I finally told her I was gay and she started to change. Becoming very dramatic around me and placing a lot of her burdens on me. She even began to talk about me behind my back. So I severed ties...

I was truly hurt by all of this because I treated her with utmost respect. I always went out of my way to help her and be as best of a friend I could. She was "appreciative" until I told her I was gay, making me feel used. I understand if she wants to punish me for not telling her but I really didn't know either. Also it's not like I wasn't a good friend during that time. If anything why wouldn't she give me more respect knowing I was truly there for her, not just trying to get in? Months passed and I was weak and brought her back into my life.

This time things were a bit different. She seemed to appreciate me more this time around. Now she seems to be trying to turn me into a flamboyant, feminine, gay man. Suggesting I help her shop, wear notoriously flamboyant clothes, listen to feminine music, watch chick flicks, and even wear makeup. This is TOTALLY not like me. I've never expressed much interest in these things and now all of the sudden she thinks these things are what I should associate with. I'm not sure if this is to give her some sort of closure for her love or she's just that ignorant, but it sure pisses me off. I don't want to feel like I have to change because I'm gay. I like my masculinity and I take pride in it. Don't get me wrong I do have a feminine side, lol, but it's more from an understanding of women, not necessarily my entire personality. I believe it is essential to embrace both masculine and feminine aspects of being human, but come on, don't try to make me something I'm not. Can anyone offer advice to understand why she is doing this to me?

2. MouseKeeper

Maybe she doesn't understand what it means to be gay? Maybe she thinks being gay has something to do with personality or appearance or gender expession? Maybe you should talk to her about this. Perhapse she has a problem with you being gay...? I think talking about this with her may be beneficial.

#2 MouseKeeper, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  3. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Looool. Sorry but that was actually funny. Till date, I still have a friend who sends me pictures of shoes and asking me who the designer is as if I know everything about fashion. A lot of girls think that being gay is knowing everything a girl knows. Gossips, fashion and boys. Apparently as I am writing, the said girl just texted me talking about a hot guy she talking to now.
    You just need to tell her that you are not the stereotypical gay guy most people paint to the society. That might have been her idea of a gay guy. Tell her you are not interested in all she is trying to do to change you. The next thing you know you have two more of these girls dragging you to a spa. Sometimes it fun watching these things unfold but at times it get annoying.
    Good luck taming her. You might as well accept her to give you the gay best friend title soon. It is great having someone like her. She could help you a great deal when it comes to advices at times. I really don't know what to say next but Good luck :slight_smile:.

4. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Be honest with her.

5. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I would definitely have a serious talk with her and tell her that I don't want this. If she didn't understand, I wouldn't include her in my life anymore.