1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To anyone who has found their soulmate: how did it happen?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nothereanymo, Feb 21, 2015.

1. nothereanymo

So, this is more out of curiosity than actual research.

I was wondering how did you meet your soulmate (like, where, when, under what circumstances) and/or how did you find out that they were THE ONE?

Like, were you at a bar and looked across and saw him/her and fell in love at first sight? Something like that...

Please don't write excessively long answers, keep it simple.

Also, please specify your gender (if it's not in the bio) and the gender of the person.

Thanks in advance :icon_bigg

2. Kabuki

To make it simple- I met him here on EC. I saw him around and felt interested because of his posts. We had a chance to talk once and we found we had a lot of similarities. I didn't expect to find a boyfriend, it was never my intention, but after adding him on FB I just found myself thinking of him everytime. I told him my feelings and he told me the same. We became a couple shortly after and we are close to 5 months together. :grin:

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About the time that I decided I really was good with being single--I was actually starting to have a really nice time of it--I met him. We're actually the couple in your example. We met in a bar. I actually wasn't the first to see him. My friend commented approvingly and a little lewdly about his butt--my partner was a professional dancer and, well, it is rather amazing. So I was checking him out. When he turned around our eyes locked and it really was just like things clicked together. I wouldn't have thought it possible but I knew it was him. Apparently he had much the same experience and we actually told each other about it the next morning--yes, we went home together the night we met.:lol:

We are coming up on eighteen years together.

4. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just never get tired of that story, OGS! May you both live long and happy lives!

5. nothereanymo

I really admire relationships that start in the internet. Nowadays, we're used to think internet is all about one night stands, it's good to see someone prove us wrong!!! :icon_bigg

Wow, I'd actually love to hear more about this. You're living proof that you don't really need to look for love in order to find it. Besides, now you got me curious to see how that amazing butt of his :grin:

Amazing story. And together for 18 years wow, that's something!!!!! :thumbsup:

6. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just like your description. I only spoke to her for 5 minutes and probably said some silly stuff. I thought she was the most beautiful girl i'd ever seen. She left the college a week later and i never saw her again. Its now 5 months down the line and however many girls i've met/hooked up with since i often think about her. Im pretty sure i fell in love with her the moment i saw her. I have her on facebook, not really sure if i should message her or what but i wouldn't know what to say without it seeming creepy lol

7. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I met her...eavesdropping on her phone conversation. She was struggling, and said some things I could really relate to; I figured if anyone could help it was me. I had no clue what she looked like but I tracked her down and ended up falling for her.
    I knew she was the one the more I got to know her; there was never a specific moment. She's the one for me, even though it's not returned. I was in love with her after her conversation left me speechless enough to go to the guidance counselor and ask for help finding her, because I HAD to know her; I couldn't just walk away.

#7 pointofnoreturn, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was waiting for a flight at the airport. I saw him sitting in the waiting area for the same flight as mine. I opened up a dating app on my phone and sure enough he was on it. A few seconds go by and he texts me. We start chatting on our apps as we are looking at each other smiling. It took us about five months before we agreed to have our first date, but we got to know each other by chatting online until then - we both travel extensively, timing never seemed worked (or were we both wanting to make sure it was done right, as a potential relationship?????).

We are just about to hit our one year anniversary from our first date. We now live together, we have each met each other's families and we definitely hear wedding bells in our ears.

9. nothereanymo

Well, if you really think she's the one, GO FOR IT!! (!)

How can it not be returned, if she really is the one?

How in earth did you find the exact same person on a dating app, without even knowing his name, that's amazing!! :eusa_clap

10. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Great stories, I like reading stories like this because it gives me some hope. I wish someday I could be happy too

11. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, theres more to the story - i did message her and ask her out not realizing that she'd already dropped out of uni, she said that would have been nice but she'd dropped out and lives like 2 hours away so...yeh, that was 2 months ago i sent the message....not really sure where to go from here..

12. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "How in earth did you find the exact same person on a dating app, without even knowing his name, that's amazing!! :eusa_clap"

It's a location based app. It shows the people closest to you. He was the first one that popped up as he was a few feet away from me :slight_smile:

13. Friendly Lion

OnTheHigway, that's the cutest thing I've heard in a long time ^-^

14. TwoWays

Well, for me, I met my soulmate in 1st Grade, we became best friends (I've had a crush on him since 9th Grade), we are now in 12th Grade and he is my new boyfriend! :kiss:

15. nothereanymo

12 years wow... That's amazing...

16. Lyana

I don't believe in one true soulmate, and if I did I would feel extremely presumptuous calling my girlfriend my soulmate, but... I like talking about her, so here goes.

I met her in a uni class. I noticed her basically on the first day, and hers was the first name I learned in that class. After a few days, I found the courage to sit down next to her in class. My first words to her were: "Your name is [name], right?"
    Of course, she had no idea who I was, but we hit it off. I found out she was gay a couple weeks in (I really had no idea). We were hanging out a lot, and it quickly became obvious we were into each other.
    Okay, it became obvious when she kissed me.

Being a shy introvert, I was pretty proud of myself for even talking to her. And extremely lucky that she's into girls.

17. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure if this counts as my soulmate, but...

I met someone recently online, we actually knew of each other for a month or 2 (maybe even more), but we never spoke. I didn't even know he was gay. Then one day I queued for a game and coincidentally I ended up in the same match lobby as him. A few days later he messaged me and we begun to talk, he had just came out of a "relationship", but he told me he had developed feelings for me, I confessed the same, we have so much in common and we have discussed our paths and are both heading in the same direction in life (to London), and we even spoke about moving in together as he hates his home-life in France. To be brief and keep it short, he recently told me he needed a break to think about his future however as he had a dream about his past yesterday so I'm in waiting now. I hope he comes back ha! To say I've grown fond of him would be an understatement.

#17 McShuggles, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  18. MarchenKillian

I met my girlfriend on an art sharing website. (The website is "DeviantArt" if you're curious.)
    I found her through a serious of random commission journals that a friend linked me to. Her art style looked cool so I messaged her about a possible commission. She replied back, accepting my commission, she did my commission in just a few days.

I wanted more of her art (she has an art style that I really liked.) so I went to her adopt account that she shared with her current girlfriend (now ex) at the time. I grew interested in her open species that she had made, and asked her for a commission once again, for a custom of her species. Once again, she continued to amaze me and I even followed her on another website, this time a character storage get website, so she can get linked for the credit if and when the character was going to be put up on the site.
    We started to talk more after a few more custom commissions and I began to really like her. I didn't start falling for her because of her art, I fell for her as a person. We just clicked.

We exchanged skype and we've talked since then. Then on May 4th, 2015, I asked her out and she said yes <3
    I really think she's my soulmate <3

(Oh and btw, her and I are celebrating our 2 month anniversary today ~<3 I couldn't be any happier <3)

#18 MarchenKillian, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  19. June Cleaver

Yes, Michael is his name and we both fell in love with each-other the first moment our eyes met. He was having a seizure and when he started to come around I got in his face close to look at his eyes for signs of stroke and then he was there and I knew right then. It was a shock when I heard him speak as he used course redneck almost bigoted words in his first sentence. We became a couple six months later and many, many years later when things were not right between us, I asked him when he "knew" and though I had never told a soul he said it was when he awoke looking into my eyes though we had never met, nor was I there when the seizure began. It is complicated why we have been apart since November of 2013, but strictly my choice. I have a new life in a new town where nobody from my old town can find me if you are wondering. We are and always will be soulmates. P.S. I always knew what he was thinking which made it easy to please him. Like a mental connection or almost telepathy? That was also different from all my other relationships. June