1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a bisexual girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Milonov, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    ...Just when I thought I had no reason to be on this website anymore, I met a girl with whom we eventually started a relationship... and who eventually turned out to be bisexual.

Is it different from dating a straight girl? Is it possible she may like me because I am not extremely masculine and has a more delicate side? Or does she simply not treat relationships as so intimate considering that the line between friendly and romantic relationships for her is not as obvious?

P.S. Also my first kiss on the lips. I am glaaaad ^_^

2. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Milonov, muzhik, just treat her with decency and respect and she will do the same thing to you. Dating a bisexual girl is the same as dating a straight one. With the exception that she might also check out other girls just as you.

Have you started dating, yet? Give us more info.

3. scub

.. yep, but the real exception is that later down the road she might leave you for a girl.. IMO i would have no problem dating a Bi girl, but i'd probably always be wary of her deciding to leave, it almost always does happen eventually.. as they say, don't put all your eggs in one basket..

4. Emmanuella

I really hope this is a joke.

5. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second that I hope that comment is a joke. She might leave you for a girl, she might leave you for a man, she might stay with you and be perfectly happy. Bisexual men and women are no more likely than straights or gays or lesbians, etc to leave their partner for another. Just because you are attracted to both men and women does not mean you want to jump in bed with every man and woman you see. Idk how many times I will have to repeat this statement. Bisexuals can be faithful in a relationship. It is not sexuality that determines whether one will cheat or not but character. An open /polly relationship could be on the table if all parties agree and are happy with this; otherwise if you want to be exclusive, she is as capable of being exclusive with you if that is what she wants of course. Monogamy is for some people, bisexuals in cluded, and pollymory is for some people, monosexuals included. Bisexuals are no more cheaters than anyone else. If you know this girl well, there is no reason you shouldn't trust her. If you want to date her, go for it. And yes, basically it would be like dating a straight girl except that she is attracted to men and women and would probably talk to you about this, probably comment on hot women, etc...all depending on her personality. Basically, I'm trying to say, there shouldn't be any reason why the two of you shouldn't be able to be in a relationship if this is what the two of you both want. :slight_smile:

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally agree with the above. I'm in a faithful monogamous relationship with a straight guy. I'm no more likely to leave him for a woman any more than leaving him for another guy. The relationship is more than just about sex.