1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by choirsmash, Feb 22, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Ok my mom is all cool with marriage equality and stuff but tonight we were talking about homosexuality in the Bible (how it's not in there) and she said she doesn't disagree from a religious standpoint but from a societal one. She basically said same-sex relationships were useless in society because they don't procreate. But many of these relationships provide homes and families for orphans and children put up for adoption. I haven't told my parents yet and now that she said this I'm not sure what to do. I thought she was super accepting

2. CrazyAwkward

It sounds like your mom might be accepting, and she's just not thinking things through all the way. There are plenty of straight couples who don't want or can't have children. Does that make them useless? There's more to life, and more ways to benefit society than procreation. And gay couples can have children, through adoption, like you said, or otherwise. Maybe you could try bringing these things up with your mom?

3. turtlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    CrazyAwkward, You made a very good point....straight couples dont always have children and some that just cant, you never hear anyone saying they are useless.