1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I KISSED MY STRAIGHT BEST FRIEND - what do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TwoWays, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoWays

Hi! This is only my second post here, so please bare with me.

I'm 17 and my best friend (who's a straight guy) is also 17. My mum (who does not know I'm bi) said I could invite two friends down to our "summer" house/apartment down in Myrtle Beach, SC for the weekend. I invited my best friend (let's call him Jason- not his real name) and another close friend who is a girl. I have a really big crush on Jason, he is soooo cute.

So the Friday before we were meant to go, we were both invited to a party at a close friend's house. Jason knows I'm bi and is absolutely fine with it, so we went to this party and some brought booze and both of us got pretty wasted (please do not judge). Jason has always dated and had sex with girls and he says he is definately straight. Jason and I sat down on a couch and then about six of us began to play truth or dare and Jason was dared to kiss me for 10 seconds, he did but he seemed to enjoy it (and I enjoyed it too) and we French kissed and made out for about 2 minutes. It was like heaven :eusa_danc But the next day he couldn't remember any of it :frowning2:

Fast-forward to this Friday just gone, we left school and walked back to my house and got in the car and we drove down to Myrtle Beach and arrived at about 8 in the evening. Jason and I shared a room and the girl (let's called her Maria) got the spare room on the other side of the floor (my mums room is downstairs). So we both went to bed, the next day Jason just seemed really relaxed and just stripped down to his boxers (which turns me on) so I think he is very comfortable around me, but I caught him staring at me a couple of times. That night I asked Jason if I could give him a massage and he said yes and I could tell he liked it and so did I. Then all of a sudden I just had the urge to kiss him, I did and he walked out of the room :bang: What an idiot I was, so I cried myself to sleep when I feel Jason getting into bed with me (there are two double beds in my room and Jason had his own bed) and he slept with me all night, spooning me. The next morning, he woke up before me and didn't talk to me, but he kept staring at me, looked away when I caught him and blushed.

We got back to Charlotte and I texted him, asking whether he wanted to come over but he didn't reply to my texts. Today at school he is avoiding me in the corridors but he keeps staring at me throughout class and looks away and blushes when I look over at him.

I'm really not sure if he likes me like I like him. If he does why is he avoiding me? If he does not like me why does he keep staring over at me, looking away and blushing when I look at him? What do I do now? Do I talk to him?

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2015 at 08:01 PM ----------

Sorry I completely messed up the title, I was trying to think of a good title and came up with what I made as the actual title. But it is actually the other way round, as I describe in the post, the title should be- I KISSED MY STRAIGHT BEST FRIEND

Sorry about that.

#1 TwoWays, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I think that he does like you, but maybe he's scared to even think that he might not be straight, I mean, lots of people on this site could relate to that (the denial Phase) so maybe he's not ready yet...
    I know it's hard, but maybe give him some more time to think, and maybe he'll come to you?

3. JakeSteven

You can alway tell him, "dude we need to have a heart to heart". Talk it out and tell how you feel and everything.

4. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think he has a thing for you but is in denial. That is completely understandable, considering he considered himself completely straight up to this point.

If I were you, I'd just give him some more time. If he keeps avoiding you, send him a message that you don't want your friendship to get hurt and that you should talk to each other about what happened.

5. TwoWays

I was walking back from school, I saw Jason walking on the opposite side of the road, he looks as though he has been crying, his face is all puffy, his eyes are red. I want to go and comfort him but he tells me to leave him alone. I get home and I get a text from him "I really need to talk to you" Idk what to do. I've texted him back, ok. What should I do next?

6. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    you should wait and hear what he has to say, maybe try to take your distance as he's clearly having a hard time, because of something:/
    Good luck and keep us updated :slight_smile:

7. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Talk to him. Honestly and openly. Something like, "If you're upset about the kiss, then tell me and we can talk. I don't want to lose your friendship."

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe he's in denial.

9. dmarc92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly, the reason he was crying probably has nothing to do with you directly. And if it does, don't go to him looking for answers. He's obviously always identified himself as straight and whether or not he is bi, the past week (or however long that time span was) mustve been as confusing for him as it is for you. If not MORE. Just go to him as the friend he's known, be the best friend you were before all this nonsense. And if he happens to open up about the whole kiss subject then yea, dive in. But don't bombard him with your confusion in his time of need, save that for another time. I'm sure it'll all come to light anyway.

10. robclem21

I agree with this. If he is confused, the last thing he needs is pressure from you. Be there to talk to him since it is something he has stated he wants to do, but let him guide the conversation and choose which topics/experiences he is comfortable discussing. This is about him right now, not about you. Sorry if that's not what you want to here, but you need to be a friend first, and a horny teenager second.

11. TheSeeker

Wow, what a story... I will be interesting to see where it goes. There seems to be a good potential for incoming adorableness!

12. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    I second this. Give him space and let him express what he has to say - don't burden him with anything you have on your mind yet. He wants to talk about what happened, and that is really great. Make sure you are a good shoulder to lean on :slight_smile:

13. TwoWays

I got to school today and Maria comes up to me, saying that's Jason has been acting all weird and that, I, as his best friend should go and talk to him. So with Maria watching me, I felt as though I had to go over to him. btw we were all in the cafeteria. so I start walking over to him. and he looks up at me with a "heart skipped a beat, seeing someone you fancy" sorta face. But as soon as he realised I was coming to sit with him, he got up and walked away. So Maria runs after Jason, comes back to me and says "he wants to be alone".

I text Jason, saying "I don't want to ruin our friendship, you wanna come over to Maria's with me after school?!" Yes I know, I should of given him space and let him come to me, but I felt bad and just had to text him. So about 10/15 mins later, Jason then texted back "Yeah, but can I come to yours first" (!) So now I'm in my final class for today and Jason will be coming to mine, so I think it's a step in the right direction.

I'll update you all later.

14. TheSeeker

Good luck!!!!

15. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yeah, don't put any pressure on him. Tell him if he's got questions or feelings he doesn't understand, he can talk about it.

Don't be upset if he wants more distance while he figures things out.

Be there for your best friend, be open and honest with him, ask him for the same. Better to talk about what ever it is, then keep it bottled up. Even if the results are bad, it's out in the open and can be dealt with.

16. dmarc92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good Luck, be the friend he needs. Be the friend you'd want if you were in that situation. Looking forward to hear what happens between you two, hope the friendship (or possible relationship) grows stronger and better.

17. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good luck to you - seriously looking forward to hearing how things turn out.

18. TwoWays

So it's about 2:00 in the morning here in Charlotte, but I thought I would update you all...

I finished school yesterday, walked home and at about 3:30 Jason came round to mind as we agree, we were going to go to Maria's and then go into Uptown Charlotte. I tried to play it cool and asked if he wanted to come up and played video games and he said sure! :slight_smile:

So I tried just being the best friend I always have been, not mentioning anything about the kiss, and just talk like we always did! So we were just finishing up the game, when Jason holds my hand and then kisses me. :eek: :icon_bigg Before completely freaking out: "I can't be gay, but I love you so much!" "We live in the Bible Belt" "My parents would kill me" "What would other people say" "What will people at school think" Thank God my Mom wasn't home as she would want to know what all the fuss was about. Then he says "I love you so much, but what can I do?" By this time Maria was honking her car horn outside and Jason runs down the stairs, straight into Maria's car. So I called her, saying "Just be there for Jason, don't ask too many question like "What's wrong?" just talk to him like his best friend normally would (btw the three of us are the bestest of best friend :wink: ) and I might be over later.

I get a call from Maria about 7pm, saying I should come over and that Jason had been crying (which he rarely does) and muttering my name. So I get to Maria's at about 7:30 and Jason runs upto me and gives me a massive hug. Maria is like wtf, so Jason begins to fill her in, evening saying that he remember the French kiss at the party and that he enjoyed it, he loved it when I kissed him, he didn't really find girls sexually attractive but only romantically attractive but has found me both and that he sorta fancies other guys in our grade but loves me the most :kiss: But he says he has been confused since the beginning of last semester, but then he kept going on about "I love you (to me) but I can't be gay" "I'm so confused" So we left it for the night and go into Uptown Charlotte like we have done in the past, then Jason asked he could sleep over at mine and now he is sleeping next to me, spooning me like he did down in Myrtle Beach.

So yesterday was a big day of revelation for the three of us and I think it is going in the right direction, A LOT faster than what I thought they would and expected they would. I'll update you all when there is news.

#18 TwoWays, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  19. Lazuri

That's really good news. I hope he'll eventually come to terms with this, but it looks promising.

20. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Man I am so jealous of your story :slight_smile: I wish you good luck in the future and I'm happy for you and for how the story went!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.