1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my best friend is moving to EL SALVADOR for the year.do I tell her I like her? HELP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bella B, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Bella B

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my best friend is one of the only people I came out to, lets call her Anna (not her real name.) she was the one who made me realize that I was lesbian, last year. i had had a few crushes etc, but what i felt for her was like nothing before. I couldn't tell her in fear of ruining our relationship, but when I came out to her, Anna said that she was possibly bi, but not sure. A few months ago, Anna hooked me up with her friend, and it was going really well, apart from family issues. recently it turned out that pretending to be lesbian was an idea of a practical joke to her. needless to say, Anna and I don't talk to her anymore. I still feel really strongly about Anna, and when I found out that she was moving to El Salvador for the rest of the year, I was crushed. we are hanging out a couple of days from now, and I don't know whether to tell her that I really like her or not. one side is telling me that she said she might be bi, she is your best friend, and she is moving to El Salvador, so why not go for it. the other side is telling me that its a dumb idea, and that this could ruin our friendship, even if she was moving for the year. what do I do?!!?!!?!? help please please really lost:bang::bang::bang::tears::help:

2. yuricorpse

Re: my best friend is moving to EL SALVADOR for the year.do I tell her I like her? HE

tell her
    i'm on the same situation, but my friend is going to europe for 3 years and i came to the conclusion that I dont have anything to lose, because we'll probably grow apart with time so yeah, is now or never, I'm telling her on friday
    plus, if she is bi and you're her best friend I think she might give you a chance or at least not say she doesnt like you this way right away
    She'll think about it
    So you should try, you'll never know what the answer will be if you dont ask

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: my best friend is moving to EL SALVADOR for the year.do I tell her I like her? HE

I also think it's a good idea to tell her how you feel. Keep in mind, of course, that she may or may not feel the same way, and be prepared to accept whatever her response is - after all, you're not requiring anything of her at this point.

If nothing else, though, since there's no real reason not to say anything (like, she was dating someone already, or something), telling your friend how you feel could help you get some closure, especially with her being out of the country for the rest of the year.