1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my lesbian friend has a crush on me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pine, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a friend that I met online that is a lesbian and she's really nice. But lately, she's been really smothering me.

She texts me all the time, wants to know where I am all the time, she gets really sad and gives me a guilt trip if I go online and don't tell her I'm online. She posts all over my pictures saying how handsome I am and that if she wasn't a lesbian she'd try to date me, and gets possessive when I try to chat with other guys. She says she's just trying to protect me but she gets really emotional and leans on me a lot and tells me how she's having trouble with her relationship all the time and cries to me all the time.

I try to be supportive but it's getting to be a bit much plus I really think she might have a crush on me. I don't want to lose her friendship because she's really great and nice and smart, but I don't know how to distance myself without hurting her feelings and getting her mad at me and telling me that I don't like her anymore like she's done in the past.

Help?

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that she's either really into you or she really (badly) just needed someone to talk to.

I remember when I get so depressed on my grades (yeah, im a fucking nerd), I would go online and talk to a friend. She has work that's why we only talk every morning. And everytime she didnt go online, I would send her 4-5 lines of words that will make her guilty that she didnt go online that day. I also keep on talking about how beautiful she is but I dont really mean it. I will just throw compliments on her so that she would deny it and I will still push through with giving her compliments then she will again deny it again and so on and so forth. I would also ask her things like would she date me if she didnt have a boyfriend. Etc. AND with that, I had a boring conversation with her but I dont mind that because all I want is someone to talk to. I was desperate for someone to talk to, and maybe your lesbian friend is also as desperate as I am at that time. If this is the case, I suggest that you make her feel that she is loved and someone is looking after her. But if you really think that she has a crush on you, I think you should tell her what you are feeling IN THE RIGHT TIME. What I mean about saying IN THE RIGHT TIME is when you think that she is calm and is open minded (because sometimes people becomes close-minded when under great depression) enough to accept whatever you will say.
    Also be as kind as you can. And also be careful of your words, she might read your words wrong and give her the wrong message. Always expound your words or your sentences. Remember that with the right choice of words you can avoid hurting her or making her get mad at you.

I hope sharing my story would help you. And I also hope that all this talking made sense :lol: . I kind of see my old self in her. I know that it is hard for you. (*hug*) Stay strong dude! I know you've been through things that is harder than this, and see where you are now. :thumbsup:

Good luck in this dude. I know you can do it! If you need more help, I am just a wall post away.

3. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She just said, "I love you boo, nighty night" to me after she totally freaked me out by sending me a message saying I had to call her right away it was an emergency and then not responding to my messages as to what was wrong. My phone was dead and I had to wait a minute to charge it so I finally call her and she just wanted to say hello. She freaked me out, I thought she was dying and she was reading my messages because it said she was. She just wasn't responding until I actually called her. To me, that's a game. I don't know what her deal was, but it was a game.

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2015 at 03:31 AM ----------

And thanks for replying :hug: I appreciate it.

4. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    ...Maybe she's bi or demi? Or just really a straight girl deep down?

5. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, she has a boyfriend right now. She's never been with a girl yet

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WOAH, I didnt saw that coming. WOAH

Forget what I said about seeing myself in her. I can get desperate but not that desperate. And I now I think she wants you. Gosh this hard. Basing from the facts that you have said, I can sense that she is kind of obsess with you. I mean, I cant blame her. You really are attractive! :grin:.
    Kidding aside, I guess the best way is to talk to her. Try it little by little. Keep giving her hints that you are not into her, and keep it subtle. And when talking to her, FOCUS on what her problem is. If she tries to shift the conversation to you, shift it back to her. One way or another, she will get it that you are not into her.
    But there's one thing you should be prepared of, her being hurt or getting mad at you. It is quite inevitable. It is either you let her smother you to the point that she's hurting you or you hurt her but it is for your and her good. I think that kind of friendship is unhealthy. Though you may hurt her now, I'm sure that if she really is your friend she will understand what you did and maybe she will apologize and try to make it up to you.

I know it is hard, but it's either you or her. I dont know, these are just my opinions. The decision is still yours. I hope that you choose wisely! (*hug*)

7. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*) Thanks for replying again. Yeah I need to talk to her. And it's going to suck. And I might lose her. And I love her. So yeah, it sucks.

8. RemakeJake

I guess you have it sorted out, sweetie. Yeah, it is as simple as talking to her. (*hug*)

9. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ni-i-ice! That is very cute actually.

#9 Milonov, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  10. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How did she react?

11. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I think she blocked me. I don't know. Now she's not answering my text I sent her.

12. Itsasecretx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry.. but what she is doing is Manipulative. I'd say she would have some sort of attachment issues/disorder.. thats rediculous. Yeah sure if she needs a friend to talk to.. BUt if shes playing games like that to get your attention, and get you worry and talk to her.. thats manipulation and it could get very messy especially if you give into that... it will get worse.

It would be best for you to break contact as she sounds obsessive.