1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date nerves

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cutiepop, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Cutiepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone, bear with me now that is going to be like incredibly long.

For 7 months now I have been talking to and seeing this incredibly amazing and beautiful girl long distance so via text and videochat. She lives an hour away from me and we are both so in love with each other but the circumstances of our relationship has been shit. Distance wise I guess compared to some couples who live around the world in LDRs, we seem to have it so lucky on the outside but on the inside not so much. We both have no cars, we've thought about metro but we'd still need rides home and so that's gone and there really isn't a lot of creative transportation options in LA. It isn't just that but my parents also, I am in the closet living with homophobic parents who are also very restrictive and tight grip on me. We have no idea when we will ever or can be together...it is just impossible right now, in the beginning we really didn't plan to fall in love like this at all. Today she was very upset and told me we have to take a break because the pain of her knowing that our future chances to be together are so slim is killing her and me too and wants to just chill and talk and not be so deep and lovey-dovey like we always are...

We are meeting for a date next month, this is such an incredible chance against the odds, but she's getting to come see me thanks to a family thing so someone else will be bringing her to me though they don't know about us. My first date is next month, and I'm scared as hell. I've never been on a date with any girl and I've never kissed or touched or basically been like that with anyone, I think what makes is worse is that this date might be our only and it kills me and I need it to be a perfect date, I'm planning on taking her out to icecream and getting her a promise ring too. She keeps telling me that right now that we, "us", is on hold until the first date and now that I know the whole relationship rides on this date I feel so anxious and scared like wow this is A LOT of pressure and it's worth it to meet the love of my life but it's still so much.

I think it makes it even worse that I have an anxiety disorder/ OCD and I am in therapy with meds but I know when we meet my disorder will be present too, I'm gonna be so anxious. I'n always scared of not "feeling" the right emotions like when I'm with her I want to feel happy and in love and I keep worrying what if that's not how I feel when we meet? What if I just can't feel like that? Then the memory of screwing up my first date and feeling wrong will be seared in my head and if I don't feel the right stuff then what if I don't love her enough and can't enjoy the date :frowning2:

Please just help me this is so much stress ugh.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A lot of stress seems to come from your parents... could your therapist help you with that ?

I'd say don't put your relationship on hold... keep joking, keep having fun together...

and the same thing should relate to your date: have fun there, enjoy yourselves. Just be you :slight_smile:

It doesn't have to be perfect, especially when trying to be perfect its a lot of stress...
    try to make it as good as possible, accept that there always will be a few things not going as planned. Just laugh it off and have a good time together :slight_smile:.

(*hug*)