1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel Awful About This Guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Simba29, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys! :icon_bigg I don't post on here much but I would like to contribute more and hopefully meet some nice friends.:slight_smile:
    Anyway I wanted to share something that happened today when I was looking at DVD's in a Music/DVD store.
    I've noticed there is a cute guy working in the store and usually when I'm browsing he is packing DVD/CD's etc. He has taken a few glances in my direction but by the time I look he has looked away so we haven't made eye contact. Though today while I was looking I noticed at the corner of my eye he was grooving to some music that the store was playing..I looked straight at him and he was looking straight at me with a smile and he then did a cute but nervous giggle. The problem is I suffer from severe social anxiety and am quite shy...so usually when I go out I have to blank out people around me and focus on what I'm doing or looking at. Because I didn't react straight away to his actions with a smile or laugh I can't help but think he got a little embarrassed or awkward and thought that I was too snobbish or full of myself to respond to his actions. I did smile at him but he had looked away by then..I just get so frustrated and angry with myself that I can't respond or say something off the cuff, I always seem to freeze up! I love grooving to music as well but get embarrassed doing it in front of others.
    To make matters worse as I walked out the store with my friend he was standing near the door and smiled at my friend and said have a great day but completely ignored me.
    So do you guys think he was initially trying to get my attention and impress me? Because I didn't respond his pride was hurt and thought that I wasn't interested. I maybe over analyzing this but I feel I had an opportunity with him and I've completely blown it! :icon_sad: Anyway I'd liked to know what you guys think.

2. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, it's hard to know what his exact intentions were, could it be that he was just being friendly? Or maybe he laughed because you noticed he was grooving and he thought it was funny. Whatever the reason was, don't worry too much about it, people don't usually get hurt from these kinds of situations. If you happen to pass by the store in the future and u happen to see him, just say something polite and short to him like "good afternoon" or you can try asking him about something in the store, that way he'll know that you do notice him, and this time u can smile.

3. itsmary

You may be overthinking a bit. Be polite next time and try to get closer to him, you'll find out if he likes you :slight_smile:

4. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your replies..your right I do over think! He probably was just trying to be friendly. :slight_smile:

5. Joelouis

I think you have "Joel Syndrome".
    It's a term I've dedicated to myself due to my knack of screwing things up before they've even started. If ever I do find myself in a similar situation to the one you've just described, I tend to throw up a defensive barrier along with a "Whatya lookin' at?" glare.
    Straight after, I'm beating myself up over it. Again!

6. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol, I'm right there with you Joel! :lol: Life can be a bitch sometimes can't it?! :icon_wink
    This "syndrome" always leads us back to square one again! :eusa_doh:

7. Joelouis

Back to square one? I never get off the damned first square in the first place!

At the slightest chance something may be happening, I'm panicking and thinking "Oh good gawd! Where's the exit?! Where's the exit?!"

Major drag.....