1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell a girl, who fell in love with you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robbie, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Robbie

While I was younger it was never a problem to tell girls that I don't have feelings toward them, because there weren't any girl, who liked me that way. (or I just didn't recognize the situtation)... but for a couple of years, there are always girls who have more feelings, than just friends. Until last year I thought that they are just not my type, and that's why I can't fall in love with any of them... but I finally accepted who I am, and now I don't know what to say to a girl....

I work for a half year now at the local cinema, and there's a girl, who has these emotions. I'm not sure, if she really is in love with me, yet everyone say to me, to take her on a date, and that she likes me. I feel guilty, because I haven't told her that I'm gay, or that I only look at her as a good friend, and nothing more.... what should I do now? Am I a coward? Or does that happened to anyone else?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're certainly not a coward. :slight_smile:

If you want to start moving things along, then start with one revelation at a time. If you're comfortable coming out to her, start there. Depending on how she reacts, then you can decide if you want to ask her out, or tell her you like her, or whatnot. But coming out seems like a good first step.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh, I've been on the other side of unrequited emotions. Crushing on girl friends, hoping things would develop into a relationship.

The only thing to do is be honest. "Sorry hun, I only like you as a friend," was always the beginning line of the breakup of my emotional crushing. Had to hear it a lot before I got married. The ones who said, I would but... were the worst conversations. Always gave me hope that, oh well if I change this, we will have a relationship.

Whether you are gay or straight, if someone has feelings for you, and you do not, tell the person honestly. They deserve to look for someone who is into them, not hang on to hope that the person they are crushing on will have a change of heart.

Make sure she understands there is no chance for a romantic relationship. If you care about her enough, then say that you think of her as a good close friend, and that's all.

4. Robbie

Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it. Next time when we work together, I will tell her. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...