1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A haircut

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Feb 27, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its been a week since my boyfriend passed away and I moved back home to my parents since we were living off his income. Well my boyfriend liked long hair and so I grew it out long for him. Well now since I am back home my parents and sister keep bugging me about getting a haircut. It feels inappropiate to cut my hair a week after he passed away and it would feel like I am saying he's gone and now I am free to do what I want. It's not like he forced me keep it long or anything I happily did it for him. Than if I get a haircut what's next. I become a part of the catholic church/organized religion again. That's another think he abhorred. Than he'll be saying from heaven "oh jeez your parents are at it again trying to control your life." My mom even said when I told her my boyfriend liked long hair that well now you can do what you want.

2. Mira Red

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's perfectly fine to keep it long if you wish to preserve his memory like that. But at the same time, as a non-religious-but-slightly-spiritual person, I feel like it's also okay to cut it if you feel like it. It's not like you cut it immediately after. Or, maybe wait it out, keep it long for a month or so until you feel it's the right time.

A friend of mine has kept a particular braid for years and years because someone she loved passed away. She's in a steady relationship now and still has it.

Another thing to think of is that you are your own individual. Even within healthy relationships, people might do things the other doesn't like but as long as it's not in any way harmful to the other person, it shouldn't be a big deal. (Say, eating meat vs. smoking. One is potentially harmful to the other, but one is not.) If your church is accepting of your sexuality, I really don't see a problem with it.

Those are just my 2 cents, though. At the end of the day, what matters is what YOU feel comfortable with and what YOU feel is right.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I think I am gonna kept it long for a little longer at least. I didn't mean to imply my relationship was unhealthy. It was very happy and healthy and I made my own decisions.