1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my boss have feelings for me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Okay, so when I say "boss", I mean it very loosely. He is technically my superior. I do have to listen to what he tells me, but it's a very laid-back work environment. I'm not sure how having feelings for someone "under" him would go, but I don't think it would be too bad. Lately, I've been confused with how he acts with me. I can't tell if he has feelings for me, or if he's just a nice guy or what. Whenever we are by ourselves, he'll always seem to be flirting with me. Even his voice seems flirtatious. He'll always talk as if he's trying to impress me or he'll tease me about how I do something. That's his thing with me, he's very amused with the way I handle certain things. He'll compliment me when I do something well and sometimes he'll even ask my opinion about things in his personal life. He recently moved, and was wondering where's a good place to live in the area. He'll ask me about college and stuff like that too. So with all that, sometimes he acts like I'm any other associate. Like his whole demeanor seems different. Usually when more people are around, but still. It just confuses me and I honestly don't know what he's thinking. Do you have any thoughts on the situation? Thank you very much!

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly do you mean by "lately"? Are we talking a matter of weeks or months? Do you think you can explain how things have changed lately, compared to in the past and is there anything that may have caused the change?

3. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Well, I've worked with him for a few weeks now, and he's gotten more flirtatious over time, or I'm just starting to notice anyway. I just don't know if it's because of his position over me, but he doesn't come straight out and say anything. It's all very hinted at. So that's what makes it confusing.