1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sad thread. i just need advice please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by africanFlower, Feb 27, 2015.

1. africanFlower

yesturday i found out that my friend was in hospital for attempted suicide. This is really painful nd i cant even show any emotion, cause i am just always emotionally numb. Anyway, the point is that she has been through soo much these last few years nd with a bad family history growing up so i guess all that had built up cz she is also not one to talk about her problems. This is the first time that i hv experienced this nd i feel so helpless but at the same time i want to be able to be there for her and encourage her. I feel so helpless. i also feel bad that i am not even crying and i still want to go to pride (would be my 1st time) because that was the plan before i heard the news. i also hv my other friends birthday tomorrow and i dnt know if i should go. it all makes me feel like a horrible person that i would still want to go have fun while my close friend is hurting. This is all just so numbing :frowning2:

2. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry to hear what happened. The only thing you can do now is be supportive and tell her you're there for her. Don't worry, every person:slight_smile: expresses feelings in a different way, you're not a horrible person because you aren't crying.. you're just a person that doesn't cry (alot) and thats fine.

In my opinion you should go to pride and your friends birthday, it'll help to take your minds off things and i'm sure your friend doesn't want you being sad and sitting home all day.
    So be supportive of her, make sure she knows you're there for her whenever she needs you but also be sure not to dwell in sadness, you deserve a fun and happy life also! Go make the best of it, you're strong and i believe in you :slight_smile: xx

3. africanFlower

thank you :slight_smile: i feel a lot better after calling her nd having a long, much needed talk. i ended up not going to pride though (always next year i guess). i had mentioned that i am there for her nd at the moment im trying to get her to open up cz keeping it in isnt helping her.

4. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you :slight_smile:

Yeah, you can always go to pride next year. It's a good thing you're trying to get her open up a bit more but be sure not to push. People in situations like hers don't need more pressure !

Goodluck :slight_smile: