1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another in love with bestfriend thread

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RelaxedDude97, Feb 28, 2015.

1. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

So in the past week i came out to a really good friend of mine, he acted verry supportive and all and im glad he did. I've always thought he was gay to because of some things he has said and done and because of his interest in some girly stuff ( i know that isn't a great way to determine someone's sexuality.)
    The problem i struggle with is that i really like this guy and after i came out to him, that feeling became stronger.. Whenever i'm around himm i just feel like kissing him on his lips .

I really don't know what to do.. I'm afraid if i just kiss him, i'll scare him off and he won't talk to me anymore.
    So does anyone have advice? Do i tell him i like him or do i just wait it out and see if he maybe comes out too etc? I really don't want to force anything.

2. TwoWays

Ummm...

You say that you always thought he was gay, apart from the things you mentioned does he do anything else "gay-like"? Does he check out guys? Does he make jokes about loving you, but seeming serious? Anything like that?

Well if you read my thread, you would of read that I kissed my best friend and now he's my boyfriend. If I were you, well I was sorta in your situation, try as much as you can just to be his bestfriend like you always have and just watch how he acts around you. IMO I wouldn't tell him you like him, especially if he identifies as straight, but if he doesn't maybe tell him, it's your decision. Maybe do some low-key flirting (is that even a thing?) and drop some subtle hints that you like him, and once again see how he reacts.

Btw- What is it with 17 year olds falling for their bestfriends :wink:

3. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i sometimes do see him looking/staring at a guy but i'm not sure if he's checking them out LOL. As for him joking about.loving me? Never happend, he is that kind of guy that isn't great with expressing feelings, he's always afraid of what others think. He has made some sexual comments from time to time out of nowhere about blowjobs or how his 'seed' tastes great ( that one was really weird haha.)

I really dont know. I feel like if i just kiss him it can turn out in 2 ways. 1:he likes me too and kisses me back or 2: he does not like me back and is freaked out etc. I'm just really worried it is going to be the second one :frowning2:. Ugh why is he so cute.

4. TwoWays

Next time he makes a sexual comment, say something like well I've got to kiss you first before that! Laugh, kiss him on the cheek and see how he reacts to it.

If he freaks out about it, give him some space and then go back to being his best friend after a few days.

And I know right, best friends are always so cute. Maybe that's why we fancy them :badgrin: