1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with this guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everybody. So recently, I met a guy who I really like, but I'm unsure of how he feels about me. I see him practically every day, and each day I become more caught up with the thought of being with him. He does know I'm gay, so I guess that's something. When we talk, I get a vibe from him that may be flirting, but I'm honestly not sure. He loves to tease me about things and get a reaction out of me. He also makes direct eye contact whenever we talk. Even to the point where I get embarrassed and look away! He's always willing to help me with something, and he even offered to teach me to longboard. I saw him, and was curious, so he said he could teach me. The only problem with the situation, he is not obvious with his sexuality.He does make my "gaydar" go off slightly, but not enough to be sure. I don't want to be too direct, because I like him in my life, and I don't want things to become awkward. So what can I do to let him know I'm interested? I want to drop hints, and flirt with him, but I'm pretty bad with that sort of thing. Any ideas? Also, does what I've said so far sound good? Like it's showing signs of potential? Thanks for your input!

#1 Dillno21234, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. robclem21

Based on what you've said, there is really nothing here that suggests to me he might be gay. Granted, a lot of my gaydar (which historically has been really good) comes off body language and eye contact so there may not be much that I can help you with here. By what you've said I would think he sounds like any good friend.

Aside from just confessing your love to him, as we have seen from recent threads can one of two ways, have you tried talking to him about relationships? His past experiences, his current status, what he's looking for. I would say try to learn more about him before you assume he's gay and embarrass yourself. Not in a bad way, but it can be awkward when you are flat out wrong (from experience).

3. CyanChachki

I have to agree with Robclem, there is no indication of his sexuality. Looking at someone during conversation doesn't necessarily mean that they're into you, it just means that that they're confident. The feeling of your gaydar going off could just be how you feel about him, your thoughts could be trying to convince you that he's gay or at least bisexual because it's clear that you're really into him.

My advice would be to go slow. Don't be prying into his life too much and definitely don't hit on him or make any moves until you for sure know about his sexuality because that could end up badly. Maybe.. if anything.. ask him to go out. Like, not out on a date, just ask if he'd be interested to go out for dinner with you and a couple of friends for a.. fun night or something. Gather you and a couple of other friends and go to a restaurant where all of you could just hang out and get to know each other. That way, you'll know more about him and you'll probably get closer with a few other friends too. If you find out that he's straight then at least you have a good friend, right?