1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated Situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by orange76, Mar 2, 2015.

1. orange76

I think I'm talking to someone right now. We've only been talking for a very short while but I like this person. I fall for straight guys a lot, but this person is actually gay and I'm really so happy. I feel like we connect on so many levels and have great conversation but the problem is he goes to school a relatively far distance from me. But we have the same hometown and a lot of mutual friends and so many mutual interests. We both are freaked out by how much in common we have.
    We were getting into pretty deep conversation and he casually told me something might happen with another guy who actually goes to school with him.
    I didn't particularly think about us being together but at the same time a part of me kind of wants us to. I feel like we'd be so cute together and we're on the same level which is so hard to find.

Anyway, I really don't want to throw this away. Considering we've only been communicating for a month and haven't even hung out in person, I don't want to worry about this but I'm so confused.
    This is the first time I've been "talking" to someone. If you can call it that, I mean we text a lot?
    We planned on hanging out for the first time in about a month and we should be in the same area for the summer. I just don't know what to do in the meantime.

I haven't come out yet, and I don't wanna talk to my friends about someone that I'm talking to unless it's far along.

So yeah.

#1 orange76, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Mrcake

It's definitely hard to have this issue. I am/have had this same experience. I feel like it's hard to accept that idea of having a long distance relationship that may be successful. The thing is, you haven't met this guy in person. You may think that you love him through conversation, but until you actually spend time with him, you never know. I just experienced this with a friend of mine and he wanted to date, but I had to tell him no. We were too far apart and he'd be moving in almost three months across the US. If you feel like you can actually make something work out, try and plan a meeting or visit with each other. It seems like waiting until summer may be a bit too late. If you can video chat with him, I think that would be better. Maybe you should ask him if he has the same mutual feelings as you do? Maybe you should both meet during the summer but for now you should pursue other people. It's very exciting to feel that connection with someone when you haven't before, especially when you feel such an intimate connection and have mutual interests. He probably likes you too but has a desire to find someone who is closer. Just keep in mind that it's so hard to maintain a long distance relationship - one person will always feel like he needs that physical contact. Good luck!

3. orange76

I asked him to hang out in about a month and he said we could.
    So I don't want to ask him any feelings until we definetly hang out and realize how we feel.
    I've actually met him before once, but it was a quick meeting and I wasn't attracted to him in person or know who he was, but now that I've gotten to know him I like him a lot.

And I know if we don't try something I'm always gonna feel like he's the one who got away.

I know he must be somewhat interested in me if we talk to each other a lot, so I can't count him out.

4. orange76

So we've still been talking. A lot of times he'll text me first. We talk once a day or once every other day. We're hanging out for the first time soon.

A lot of times he'll text me about another guy he likes and how much he likes him. They're definitely not together but he's really crushing on him.

Why would he do that? It's not that it bothers me but it's annoying because he obviously is texting me so why would he tell me that?

Should I tell him I like him when we hang out or is that too soon?

5. orange76

update. we met. he didn't have too much time becaus he had to meet other people but it went okay.

we still text about every day.
    but he's giving me mixed signals
    he tells me about a person that broke his heart previously and a person who he has a crush on that doesn't like him back. i give him advice and we both open up to each other about how we hate having crushes. i told him it's hard to be honest because you don't know how the other person feels. that's about it.

so what should i take from this? am i doing anything wrong? i would tell him i like him in person but i don't want to do it over text.