1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell the guy I am dating?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Missy, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!
    I need some advice about whether or not to tell the guy I am dating that I am bisexual.
    I really like him but I am so confused whether to tell him or not! I feel like it´s not fair to him if I keep this from him. But at the same time, we haven´t met so many times.
    Gaah, I´m so confused about many things in my life right now! :rolle:

2. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're not really keeping it from him. If the topic doesn't come up, then don't bother talking about it. If he doesn't need to know, it's not an issue. It's unlikely that you being bisexual will affect him in any real way other than if he's anti-gay (hopefully he's not) or if you make comments about women you find attractive.
    That's the way I deal with people knowing my sexuality. Basically, unless it relates to the topic of conversation, I don't bother talking about it.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Or if he assumes, hot damn, can we have a threesome...

I've definitely telling all the guys I go out with that I'm bisexual, but haven't dated any women yet since coming out and separating. I probably would if things were going to get intimate, only because it's part of sexual history disclosure...

4. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I agree, if the topic doesn´t come up I will wait with saying it. I wish I had more bi/ gay ppl among my friends...

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    After the third date you should tell him.

6. GaspingJasper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait for the topic to come.

7. JackBikwik

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexuality is a happy little grey area. Disclosure is up to you. If you are involved with a man, you are in a heterosexual relationship. He has no need or right to know anything beyond that. However, I can understand the drive for full disclosure, particularly if its someone you feel like you can share everything with. Ultimately, it's your call. Everyone I have ever been involved with has known I'm not heterosexual, but that disclosure was always optional.