1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clockworkfox, Mar 8, 2015.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was hanging out with a friend of mine, and we were talking about all sorts of things, including intimacy, which is something sort of foreign for both of us. She talked about how she's not sure she would be comfortable with a sexual relationship, but still would love to be with someone. I talked about how it just felt like something I didn't deserve to a degree, how bad my past relationships were, how I think it will only be more difficult over time as I become more and more myself anyway, how I really prefer to be single in many ways but still sometimes wish I could be in a relationship with someone. She asked if I was gay. I said I wasn't sure really, but I think I might be pretty gay. She looked a little distant, thoughtful, then said that I was attractive, and she would ask me out in a heartbeat.

What does this mean exactly? How should I interpret this? It wasn't weird or anything at the time, and there was nothing uncomfortable about it, but I'm not sure if she was suggesting anything, or just giving me a compliment.

2. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i guess she just wanted to say that she would like to go out with you if you were gay... so the question is, do you want to go out with her and i guess if you would, you just ask her... she seems to be understanding so if she'll say no there's no problem..

3. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear clockworkfox :

to answer your question honestly, change the subject quick, it is a setup question,
    like " does this make me look fat ? there is no answer, so let it go, because you yourself said the question about intimacy made you uncomfortable And don't even mention the fact that you're gay to your friend, that's only stirring the pot of future trouble for yourself,
    trust me.

Jaymegurl

4. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When a gay come out to a straight friend, one of the first things he does is assure that friend that he is not into him (unless it's true, then they don't talk about it). By saying you are attractive, she was not hitting on you, just trying to be supportive.

I mean I don't know her, so I cold be wrong, but I think she was just giving you a compliment.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a pointless thread. We hung out again today.

She thinks I'm handsome, and interesting, and she likes me. I don't want to go into too much detail, but we ended up a bit of a crying mess because she was afraid that by opening up about this she was risking our friendship, and then we laughed about what giant weirdos we are when I told her everything was alright.