1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guest room no more.....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by my teen is gay, Mar 9, 2015.

1. my teen is gay

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So 16 years ago I went to a house party and ended up having a one-nite-stand with a 20 year old woman named Esai. She was born in the country of Thailand. She lived here in the United States to attend college in my hometown. She lived with her very strict, very traditional parents. I have not seen or spoken to her since that nite.///////Ten months after our sexual encounter, I found a note on my car informing me that she had given birth to a baby girl and that I am the father. The note also stated that she is positive that I am the childs father as I had been the first and only guy (at that time) that she had slept with. I can confirm that, yes I was her first. Esai's parents were furious that she had shamed the family...so furious that they sent Esai and the baby to live with other relatives in Thailand.//////////The note goes on to say she named the baby "Faith" (no mention of a last name). Here's where the story gets interesting: Faith, being a United States citizen, is entitled to the rights of all natural born US citizens. So, upon Faiths 16th birthday, she went to the US Consulate or Embassy (whatever it's called in Thailand) and she applied for emancipation and an exit visa. Three months later she was approved/granted her request. So///////////She arrives in the US two weeks ago (back to my hometown) and begins living at her sisters house. She enrolls herself in high school. The school treats her as if she is a foreign exchange student. Because of this, she is assigned a counselor to help her adjust to school-life in the US. The name of the counselor assigned to assist her is named "Scott Anderson" Scott happens to be my dads biological brother....they both have the same last name of Anderson.....which means my last name is obviously Anderson.//////////////Scott asks Faith about her home-life and upbringing, among other things, Faith informs him of how she, as a very small child, moved to Thailand with her mother and has never known who her father was or where he lived.

(Years ago I showed my dad the note left on my car, my dad (at some point in time must've mentioned it to my uncle Scott).

Uncle Scott told me his initial conversation with Faith was something like this:

Scott eventually says: Sixteen years ago, my nephew once had a baby which the mother took to Thailand. The mothers name is Esai.

Faith says: My mothers name is Esai. (starts crying and asks) is your nephew named David?

Scott says: Yes, and his last name is the same as mine.

Faith asks: Is your last name Anderson?

Scott: (Hands Faith his campus pass for her to read the last name).

Faith then begins to start crying terribly asking my uncle to leave the school and take her to me at once. They both leave his office and show up at my work. My uncle Scott called me on his way to let me know what's happening. I immediately clock out telling my supervisor I have a family emergency and rush to the business entrance of the building. I see them pull up and she jumps out of the car, running towards me almost knocking me over. This all occurs on a friday at 10AM. We spend the entire day together just driving around and talking and walking thru recreational parks. Faith ends up calling her mother (its a 13 hour time difference in Thailand, her mother is sleeping but answers the phone) I talk to Esai, she and I discuss what happened 16 years ago and why she left with Faith).

It's only been two and a half days since I met my 16 year old daughter for the very first time and she has not slept at her house since. It is now early Monday morning as I type this life event. She is currently sleeping in the guest room across the hall from her little brother, I will be dropping her off at school later on this morning. After school I plan on taking her shopping so she can pick out a whole new bedroom set, bed linens, and other items so she can personalize her own surroundings. This is a Guest Room no more. It's her bedroom in OUR home.

2. m e l v i n

awwww.. congratulations Mr. Anderson (*hug*) wishing the best for you and your family (*hug*)

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

That is such a sweet story of reunion...

Good luck suddenly raising a teenager... it is going to be rough. We adopted our son 3 years ago when he turned 12, and it's been a battle sometimes.

4. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    awww sweet story

5. my teen is gay

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Update...it is now Friday evening...11:59pm and I am about to go to bed. Just thought I'd mention some high-lights of the first week with Faith:

Monday: Dropped Faith off at school....Went to work and explained to my boss what is happening in my life and told him I needed to use some of my "Sick Days" (time off) so I can have time to get Faith situated. My boss says, "No problem". I go home and move everything out of the guest room and place it all in the garage. I pick up Faith after school and we drive to Holbrooks Furniture Depot and buy an entire bedroom set including bed, mattresses, tall dresser of drawers, short/wide dresser of drawers, footlocker, two nightstands, vanity desk w/mirror, coat rack, closet organizer, and a ceiling fan......For her bathroom, I buy a back lighted mirror to replace the basic mirror.
    The pieces weren't delivered till the next day so Faith ended up sleeping that night on the couch....oops. My fault for moving everything to the garage too soon. Anyhow...

Tuesday: Faith and I go shopping for bed linen, blankets/comforters lamps, bathroom accessories/decorations. The room furnishings are delivered and set up.....Faith directs me to situate all the pieces for what seems like hours.....finally the room is arranged how she wants it. My neighbor comes over and installs the bedroom ceiling fan and the bathroom lighted mirror. We go out to dinner at Ojiya Japanese Steakhouse Sushi Bar restaurant. Really nice restaurant where the chiefs prepare your meal right infront of you performing 'cooking' tricks with the food as they prep/cook it.

Wednesday: Enrolled Faith in drivers school so she can eventually obtain her drivers' license. I told Faith about it and she is very excited. Went clothes shopping with Faith....packed all her dresser drawers with trendy clothes that American girls like. Added her onto my health coverage package. Went walking in a recreational park and BBQ'd pork ribs and hot links. We had a real good conversation about intimate relationships. About the importance of school grades. About drugs. About girls. About Thailand.

Thursday (today): Spent time together washing/detailing my truck and both cars. Went to a park and played around shooting hoops (She's better than I am at playing basketball). Went home and BBQ'd again, but this time we had hot links and lamb.

That's it so far.

Tomorrow (Friday) my sister is taking Faith to a salon (after school) called Capelli's Style Spa to get pampered and consult a hair stylist....maybe get Faith a trendy hair style (she basically had nothing while growing up in Thailand....just very poor).

While the girls are getting pampered, I am going be looking at cars hoping to find something appropriate for Faith to learn with while she is progressing towards her drivers license. Faith is very short....only 4 feet 10 inches tall. So I'm specifically going to be looking at used small cars something along the lines of Jetta's and small BMW 3 series cars and the small C class Mercedes. Hope to surprise her with it sometime before this weekend.

So far things are going great and she seems to find something to get excited about every day.

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Awe... we did a similar shopping spree when we adopted our son. And then spoiled him rotten for 6 months or so... then finally got a handle on trying to make up for lost time and what not.

You sound like an incredible guy, jumping in with both feet and gusto. Keep up the good job.

7. JackBikwik

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Goddamnit, I did not ask for these feels! What a touching event.

8. CyclingFan

Oh my. Y'all excuse me, it just got a touch dusty in here