1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joking around with friends??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Itsasecretx, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Itsasecretx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahhhh Help..

My friends and I are always joking around as if we are lesbians ... at first it made my heart sink.. because in my head im like "if only they knew I actually am" and it sorta hurt...
    does anyone else joke about this? And I dont mean judging it... I mean more like sexual reference to each other??
    My flat mate and I still joke about it.. but she knows I am lesbian.. and even though she says shes not.. she still jokes around (touches my leg and makes sexual reference in a joking way) .. that doesnt so much bother me because I know she knows.. but sometimes I think maybe she is lesbian too.... but she says shes not really interested in either...

she confuses me...

does anyone elses heart drop when friends make reference to lesbians (even in a non offensive way)???
    Mine does.. I hate it.
    I wish I could just tell everyone and have them be okay with it...

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that joking about homosexuality is obviously a subject that we're going to be sensitive to. I think the reason it hurts is because deep down you feel "this isn't a joke... it's my life!". Having said that, it doesn't sound like your friends were actively trying to hurt or offend you.

It's important to bear in mind that some people flirt with their friends in a playful teasing way. They feel secure in doing it because they assume that their other friends know enough about them not to take it seriously.

It can be confusing to those of us who don't socialize that way, but it doesn't necessarily reflect any deeper feelings they might have.