1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconnecting after all this time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lukeluvznicki13, Mar 11, 2015.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys

I haven't posted about relationship or family problems for ages but recently something has come up and I need advice.

So on Sunday I meet this guy I know from my old school (which I left 5 years ago). He is in grade 12 and I'm in grade 11. After chatting to him for hours and hours I find out that he is gay (and he's completely out) and he shares the exact same interests as me!

I was blown away by all our similarities and how we have the same interests. I find him really cute as well and he doesn't seem to take a hint that I may kinda have feelings for him (P.S - is it weird to all of a sudden have feelings for someone just after 3 days of talking? :icon_redf ).

Anyway, how should I go about chatting and well, perhaps forming something? I feel really ignorant and stupid for asking but every time I try something it fails...

Many thanks

2. Rainbows~Exist

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for a relationship. Does he know you're bi? If not I'd tell him. If so then keep talking to him for a while. If the friendship develops and you start to really enjoy eachothere's company then I'd suggest you try and initiate some flirting :wink:

However, you have just met again so why don't you ask him out on a date or something? If you two really enjoy and see a spark this could be the start of something new! Good luck :grin:

3. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello.

It's not weird at all. If you both have the same interests, you find him attractive and you enjoy the time you spend talking to him, some feelings can appear suddenly.

I'm not a big expert in relationships, but if I were you, I would try to be natural and honest. Honesty is one of the most important things in any kind of relationship. Does he know that you're bisexual? If he doesn't, maybe you could start by sharing that part of you with him.

Then you could get straight to the point. I know this piece of advice may sounds obvious or scaring, but I think that is the best thing you can do. Maybe he feels the same for you and he is too shy to tell you. If you ask him directly, you could solve your doubts. That's up to you.

Whatever you do, I wish you luck :wink:

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I would just be open and honest with him (and blunt, most guys are dense about subtlety in relationship stuff (I've found.)) You like him, you want to be friends with him, and see where it goes from there.

So, start with being friends, and see where it goes from there. If you have similar interests, you have something to both talk about, and plan on participating with each other.

Don't worry so much about forming anything. I had absolutely no expectations of a relationship when I first met my boyfriend. When we went on our first date, we moved being physical off the plate. We went to lunch and talked. We had a great time, neither of us were stuck for words. The next time, he came over and we just played video games. The next two times we got physical. I figured we'd just keep going like that, sometimes getting physical, sometimes not. But, calling our relationship, friends with benefits, or even F buddies, just didn't seem right to me.

Then this last Tuesday another guy I'm interested in ditched me. Got one message from him that he'd be home in 2 hours, and would text me so I could come over. Then nothing for 4 days.

So, I was upset and down, and my guy was just the sweetest thing, comforting me, telling me that I wasn't the one missing out or a fool. I asked how his evening was going, and we got into a discussion about our relationship. We established some boundaries, and made it official.... BOYFRIENDS... Now, he brought up, but I agreed that we shouldn't even try to remain monogamous. He's still in school, has a job that keeps him busy, and a very restrictive father. I'm just recently separated and not yet started on the divorce proceedings.

So, just go in open to all possibilities. I would guess he'll be very accepting of you coming out to him. Whether everything clicks and you get into a relationship, or they don't and you are just friends, you will win either way. Having someone close that you can do things with, talk to, lean on, and support, will help you growing up immensely.

Good luck...

#4 kindy14, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Go for it man! Stalk him on facebook and ask him out!

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be friendly first. Ask to hang out, add him on Facebook or other social media, etc. Then see what happens.

7. lukeluvznicki13

Thanks guys.
    I have told him I am bisexual so...let's see how it goes!