1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to rant

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by username02, Mar 12, 2015.

1. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont expect anyone to read this, im literally just having a winge.

Anyway, my brother is gay too & everytime i try to talk to him about my lovelife (or lack thereof) and try to tell him how i feel he gets mad at me shuts down and doesnt want to talk. He's out to our mum but not the rest of the family yet and issues with my coming out.
    He wont even talk about anything now, if i ask him if he's been on any dates he says "why would you care". Its some serious bs.

Seperate to the point i am getting seriously frustrated. Evertime i go out to a straight nightclub (because all my friends are straight) they can all hook up with whoever they want - its so easy they can just make out with random guys & then theres me amongst the crowd everytime.Its not easy to find a gay girl let alone one who actually likes me or wants to makeout. Its so frustrating,,, its got to the point now when im just sad everytime i go out and that wasnt what it used to be about. I just used to be happy going out with my friends. Now im just sad and feel alienated and lonely even though all my friends are there with me.

Anyway just needed to rant. Thanks if you read this.

2. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww thanks buddy :slight_smile: (*hug*)

4. GaspingJasper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hugs. I know it's hard but it will be okay.

5. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Jasper, much <3 to you pal :slight_smile:

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Regarding your brother, tell him if he wants to talk about anything that you'll be there for him. He's obviously in some distress, guessing he's still accepting who he is.

One suggestion for your going out situation would be to have something on you, earrings, or something, that shows you are a lesbian.

7. username02

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey kindy14, thanks for your advice, yep its strange, he said he's accepted himself but he had issues with me coming out before him and it seems he's still mad about it even though its been many months now, i think it may be a competitive thing or he thinks it will make life harder for him seeing as its the both of us, i've told him that ill be there for him many times but he just remains annoyed at me.

As for going out, yeh i usually wear a hat which makes it pretty obvious but still have trouble.

But thanks for your advice, i truly appreciate it.