1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Thoughts

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by n8i2c7k, Mar 12, 2015.

1. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I apologize in advance for the long post. I've over thought this to death and so now I just need someone else's opinion before I go nuts.

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. We've had our share of arguments and differences but in all, we're both quite happy together and love each other very much, even now that our "honeymoon phase" is over. We "click" really well together and have never had any really big issues.

The problem is lately I've been checking out other guys. Now, I would never in my life cheat on my boyfriend, but still...I can't help but wonder and daydream.

What's worse is that even now there's a boy I have my eye on. We don't talk much, but when we do, I almost feel like I am subconsciously flirting? I smile too much, I look too long, I try to make him laugh and smile. I...I want him to like me. Then I catch myself doing these things and hate myself for it. Like I said, I'd never ever let anything come of it and I really don't want to end up leading this other guy on, but I just can't seem to stop.

I'm happy in a stable, loving, long-term relationship, so why the heck am I doing this? What if I'm getting bored? I do get bored with interests easily (hobbies, activities, jobs, etc.) so maybe we've just become too complacent in our relationship? Do I have some fear of commitment? What if I'm not comfortable being tied down? But I do long for a real, forever type of relationship. Maybe my boyfriend just isn't "the one?" Am I just looking for more?

Ugh! It's so frustrating. I want to be with my boyfriend, or at least I think I do. Do I? What the heck is wrong with me? :bang:

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Relationships become stale after a while. You have to work a bit to keep the spark alive. You could try telling him you are feeling a bit restless. Maybe you could plan a vacation together and if your romance is rekindled then great! If not, he may not be "the one."