1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

you are weird...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Delirious, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone!
    I decided to share some things that happened lately in my life. So, I'm using this thread in order to get things that had been bothering me out of my chest as I have no one to share this and it's driving me crazy.
    Well, before I tell you why and what happened I have to explain some things before.
    I am a very social person, I like to go out and meet new people, make friends and party. But on the other other hand I became a quiet person, after the relationship I had with my last boyfriend, we were together for two years and he had a completely opposite personality. I decided to broke up cause I couldn't handle our differences anymore. During the time we were together I changed a lot and I just realized. I became more insecure and introverted, I gained A LOT of weight and I am a little depressedeveryday, ve to be honest, I don't like those changes at all.
    So, four months after we broke up I am starting to date again, I moved to another city, got a job and started a different career in a different uni. Thing is, I started dating this new guy and things went from awesome to awful.
    Our first date was amazing, we had a lot of fun and discovered we had a lot of things in common. Our second date felt really uncomfortable, there were some kind of disconnection between us and there were some moments I felt he wanted to go home. After some days chatting through whatsapp, today he said something I didn't expected: "you are weird," I replied "lol, probablyyes. I am. Everybody is different", he said that I was not different, I was weird. It really bothered me and made me think about it. He laughed and moved to another subject. Some time after that he shared some nice pictures of himself and his awesome butt (yes, I had to say it) and I said to him that those photos were amazing and that was almost hit by a car because of uIe photos, he said I was a fool and again he laughed, I told him that it liked him and couldn't do anything about it and laughed. After that he didn't text me back and I pointed out that there was silence , he answered yes and we haven't talkedssince then. I didn't say "I love you","I want to be your boyfriend" or anything similar, first because I didn't feel that and second because I was just fooling around, it was sometimg more like: " hey I like the way you are". I couldn't understand his attitude and decided to not reply.
    I lend him a pen drive he needed and I will have to ask for it tomorrow cause I need it.
    If I have to be honest, I am not looking for a committed relationship or anything similar, just looking for friends or guys to hangnout with.
    Ok. That's the story. Any comment, suggestion, perception will be appreciated,. Thanks for reading!

2. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Huh, that's funny. I don't know exactly how your conversations with the guy went, but it doesn't sound like you said/did anything really abnormal or anything. I would say he might have meant "weird" in a good way, but since he changed it from "different" to "weird" it makes me not so sure. Also there's the silence in the text conversation you mentioned. To me it seems like he could be blowing you off a little bit? Perhaps he's dealing with some things and isn't ready to talk about them/be in a relationship, which is why he's acting so evasive towards you.

You might try asking him if there's anything up. In a subtle/tactful way of course, but I don't think it's that rude to ask him why he stopped talking.

In any case, don't overthink this too much. Whether or not some people find you different or weird isn't as important as whether or not you like yourself and what you do. So if he really did find you weird, first ask him why if it would help, and then keep on being you :slight_smile:

3. Cesar123

Just want to point out, that he might also might just be trying to figure out how he feels about you and whether or not to pursue anything further. Not really sure what the whole weird thing was about but if he likes you - take it as a compliment :slight_smile: