1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend Likes me >_<

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Folieadeux, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Folieadeux

So my friend I have known since kindergarten outright said to me about a month ago when I was in Hawaii with them that they would be interested in dating me. I got really uncomfortable and I have like, no interest whatsoever? They keep on mentioning I'm handsome/attractive/cute whatever, out of the blue, like during texts and that also makes me uncomfortable. I don't really know what to do, but how can I get the point across that I am not interested? They are a nice person, and we're friends and have been for a long time, but just that. I can't ever imagine being in a relationship with them. They were dating some guy for a while, but kept on complaining to me about him, and I think they are done now, but I feel like she sort of wants/expects us to get together and be more than just friends...

I want to be in a relationship (with someone else; not them), but I respond really weirdly to anything affectionate? I feel really weird and uncomfortable, especially when they say something to my face, and I have no clue how to respond, so I sort of just nod (lame I know), but I don't want to be rude?

Honestly, I don't really know where I am going with this, but I just wanted to vent, ha ha.

Have a great day to anyone reading this!

2. Gallatin

The best thing to do here is to just tell them the truth. I know it's not too much fun to deliver news that the other person doesn't want to hear, but sometimes it just has to be done. If you're not interested in a relationship with this person, then it's best to just let them know that. Be honest, and be nice, too.

Remember that just because you're delivering bad news doesn't mean you have to deliver it in a bad way. When I had to deal with this sort of thing, I told the person the truth: that I appreciated their interest, but I just didn't feel that way about them. I liked the friendship and dynamic that we had and really hoped that we could have that for a long time to come.