1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kai397, Mar 14, 2015.

1. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How do you people deal with a death of a family member or a family friend?

2. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last year my grandfather died while I was in the same room with him, he just stopped breathing and 15 minutes later you could notice the onset of rigor mortis, he was old and sick and I wasn't alone in the room, so it didn't really stuck me as much as it could have if it was someone younger. I was also just coming out from severe depression, so I could barely feel anything. His children, no matter what, felt really sad and from what I got, I don't live with them any more, went through all of the phases of grief.

The simple answer is that you find someone who can support you through the process and you learn to live with the death of a loved one. You can't forget them, it doesn't go away, their memories will always be with you, but with time and support you learn how to respect their memory and live with the loss.

p.s. If it's any worth, I'm truly sorry if you're going through it. It can be tough. (*hug*)