1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by frodo191, Mar 14, 2015.

1. frodo191

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This lady significantly older than me took an interest in me, so I ask her out and she says yes.

I was confirming the date with her and it seemed like she had a lot going on that day, so I offered to meet up the next day. She again agrees and expresses mutual interest in looking forward to the date. Next thing you know, she texts me saying she has a doctor's appointment and suggests to meet up next week. I suggest a date/time and she says she'll text me.

Is she not interested any more or am I over thinking this?

2. wasgij

Possibly both. Sometimes you just can't know for sure. Yeah, you might be a little insecure. And yes, you might have sounded a little too eager to reschedule for next week. After the second time, the idealised me would be a little weary and would have handled the scheduling a little differently.

"Sure, sometime vaguely next week sounds great. No, don't text me, I'll text you."

Maybe not those exact words, but make it clear that you might not text her, depending on which way the wind blows. That way she's the one left hanging. Psychological 'power' -- you give an inch, and they take a mile.

3. frodo191

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How would you go about checking in with her to see if the date is still on? Or should I even bother doing this?

#3 frodo191, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015