1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off on my uncle because of Election (need to vent)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DylaNolan, Mar 15, 2015.

1. DylaNolan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Damnit. It was so Annoying !
    It was my grandmother's birthday and we were all celebrating. only my parents. my sister and uncle 1 knows about my bisexuality and they were very supportive.
    we were around the table - My family. grandmother and grandfather( from my mother's side). uncles 1 &2. thier wives and 5 cousins when uncle 1 and uncle 2 started arguing over the upcoming election in my country. Uncle 2 said some very stuid things and pissed everyone off, even my grandmother joined the argument because of him ! but it was only when he said "I'm gonna vote x. Because y will support the LGBT community" that made me, my parents and my sister to get up and leave. my grandfather from my father's side is also LGBT so my dad took it personally both for his father and me. he said to uncle 2 "If you don't have anything useful tosay,just don't say anything" and we all went home.

Uncle 2 is dead to me after this. He was never known of being tactful and smart. he even once insulted my sister's bf with saying things without thinking. he is very religious and very stupid as I stated before. How do I get over sayings like this in my family ?
    Thanks..I really needed to vent this somewhere

2. cejuna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a shame that there's still so much people like that, I feel sorry for you. :/ I have experienced that kind of stuff too, as my ex-stepfather was just like your uncle. He once said, that all gays should be burnt and that we are sick. I've always hated him, but after saying that I've had no interest to talk to him at all. I think it's best to cut connections to that kind of people, maybe it might be hard not to talk to your relatives, but it's not your responsibility and if your uncle makes you feel bad like that all the time, it's not good either.