1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejected by university for being "gendernetural"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Litveninko, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Litveninko

I'm an ftm and can't come out due to multiply reasons (its on previous posts) people when see me they get that "wtf" look and make comments like : are you a boy or a girl? What are you. Etc

today an old friend called and said she and other girls are going to the dean of the university to kick me out of college becuz they are afraid to approch me and that I'm too freak for them. Now my mum is blaming me and said I wont go to college anymore and that I died. And saying that I'm a shame and should be killed. My future is ruined. People here are so judgy and stick their noses. Idk what to do or how to defend myself anymore. I know none will be able to help me here.

2. MisterTinkles

Tell your parents that they created you, so it is THEIR DNA and gene pool that made you look like you do, you had no part in that.

As for the school....what you look like is none of their concern. You are not there to cater to the shallow and brainless fashion policies of the stupid and plastic people there. You are there to LEARN.

YOU go to the Dean and tell them that you are a STUDENT, not a fashion model, and you had NO say in what your parents DNA created. The way you look is the way you look. You are there to LEARN, not to cater to the whims of the brainless bigots there.

If the Dean is the kind of person they are supposed to be....they will tell those idiots to shut up and get back to class. If they do make a big deal out of it......you can always email the president, or someone in power that is modern thinking, and ask them for advice.

3. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They can't kick you out of college for your sexual orientation or appearance. That is discrimination and would in no way hold up. Your college can only ask you to leave if you are not committing to your course or if you have behaved in an inappropriate manner as set out by your school's guidelines.
    As MisterSparkles said, stand up for yourself because you are in no way being offensive or hurting anyone. Studying and education is not dependent on gender.
    Stay strong and don't be afraid to ask for advice. You most certainly do not deserve to be killed for being who you are. :slight_smile:

4. RainDreamer

Is it even legal there to kick you out of your university? Tuition is paid, and the university should be bounded by contract to give you the education you pay for. They can only ask you to withdraw and not accept further money if you show that you can't commit to the course academically, and that is after multiple years of flunking. Unless there are clear, reasonable evidences that you are being harmful to the other students, like being arrested for violence against fellow students, there shouldn't be any way that you can get kicked from there.

Also, what kind of "old friend" is that? Sounds like an enemy for me...

Are there any LGBT group out there that you can ask for help?

Your mother is horrible. No mother should wish for the death of their child, ever. Ignore her and find a way out of this mess first. Look toward possible part time job you can get and be self-sustained.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say anything meaningful for your particular situation since I don't know the laws in Egypt, but in the US it would be very unlikely, unless you're going to a school run by religious bigots, that the dean is going to do anything other than smile and go "Umhmm" to your "friends."

I really don't get why people feel the need to get into everybody else's business.

6. Litveninko

There are no LGBT activety or support center here. To be frank if you want to suicide then come out.:slight_smile:
    people here are also mind closed. No matter what you say or do, they ll hold into their believes. And in Egypt anything could happen. Seriously, I can find tmw a letter for me about being dismissed from the college forEVER. Its a living hell here. And you cant contact with high ranked people. Impossible. I will only make the matter worse.

7. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this :frowning2: I don't have any advice regarding your situation in Egypt but know that the whole world isn't as close minded and the LGBT+ community support you and love you.