1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendship Jealousy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yosia, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Yosia

So...

I have this friend who has been my best friend for ageees and I love her to bits. I would pretty much do anything for her and love spending time with her (let's call her 'A'). However...
    Ever since I have started my new course in education, I have made friends with someone else and I think you could class us as best friends. We see eachother that way at least. But ever since I have become friends with her, (let's call her 'T'). 'A' seems to be almost jealous that I am spending time with her and this has resulted in some tension sort of between me and 'A' which I really do not like or want. When I spent time with 'A' today without 'T' being there, everything was happy and fine and we were chatting and messing around as usual. But I saw 'T' and it was nearly time to go back to class so I asked if she wanted to hang around with us for 5 minutes, but then 'A' pretty much just stayed silent and looked annoyed/upset - I was not just focusing on 'T' though, I was treating them equally, which is what makes me think that 'A' might be jealous of me being friends with 'T'.

I really do not want to have tension with 'A', but if she can't accept that I have more best friends than just her then I don't see how it's going to work.
    Any advice?

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

maybe A is afraid to loose you as a friend.my advice would be to either talk to her about this or somehow get T and A to know each other without you being there so the jeleausy factor is gone and maybe let A realize that T is a really nice person.

3. Fandom obsessed

Have an open conversation with A. Just talk it out with her and see if that helps.