1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to get along with my mom?!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CyberStar, Mar 16, 2015.

1. CyberStar

A few weeks ago, I got back from the hospital. I went there because I got sent to the ER after I told the school about suicidal thoughts I'd been having (gone now, thank God). Ever since then, my mom has been a complete ass about certain things, such as saying "but I can't [perform action] because you'll just [write another email | tell everybody]". I confronted her about this.
    Me: "You act like I didn't have a good reason to send those emails"
    Her: "Oh yeah? And what was your reason?"
    Me: "Because I was feeling suicidal?!?"
    Her: "Well, there's the hospital bill right there." [gestures at $3000 bill that we can't afford on the arm of the couch]
    Me: "Well, would you rather me be dead?"
    Her: [goes ballistic]
    As you can imagine, that went well. But it keeps happening. I don't know what to do.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems like she needs to see a mental health counselor. Maybe you could be there with you, but she may be more comfortable talking on her own.

3. Cesar123

Hey Cyberstar! I very sorry that you have to experience / experienced such turmoil in life. The feeling as if you want to end your life is never good - and should always be addressed by a professional. What your mother is experience is stress. Financial stress is one of the most common form of stress and awful thing to go through ( can literally take years off your life!). Now with this in mind, I want you to put yourself in her shoes and experience what she is feeling right now. She is a mother who coupled with a financial burden is worried about her possible suicidal daughter. I understand that this is NOT your fault but it worries her and this, tagged along with the financial stress, can make people say things they will regret. I can not say that the road ahead of you is of diamonds because you survived this and that you to will never fight again but I just want you right now to understand that what your mother is saying is NOT coming from the heart but coming from a conscious that is under A LOT of stress and A LOT of anxiety. If you wish to help your relationship, I would remind your mother that you love her, don't take the fights to heart, and discover what triggered these suicidal thoughts ( so that you may prevent from occurring again ). You can do this by seeking counseling at your school or even finding a really good friend to hear you talk - hell, I'll be that friend if you don't wanna tell anyone else. The worst thing you can do it take your life and it will only bring further pain to your mother ( who might blame herself for your death ). Remember to always voice your concerns because bottling them up can be a deadly poison and remember that everything is temporary ( these fights will pass ).

Screen Hug (*hug*)
    Cesar